Inexpensive Road Bikes

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Personally I wouldn't buy something without seeing it
Totally agree. I am ready to pull the trigger but seems like the prices listed on craigslist and ebay are unreasonable.
BTW, are the prices on bicycle blue book on mark?

Blair

I got mine for 900, sick frame set but all other parts need upgrade. And aluminum. Eventually there will be stuff posted here, just have to wait.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Totally agree. I am ready to pull the trigger but seems like the prices listed on craigslist and ebay are unreasonable.
BTW, are the prices on bicycle blue book on mark?

On CL, I always offer less than seller asks for... Many times they will come back with something in the middle.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would probably go up to 700 if I was in a rush to buy. I've seen similar stuff come up for 500 but you gotta really pay attention as they go quick.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I would probably go up to 700 if I was in a rush to buy. I've seen similar stuff come up for 500 but you gotta really pay attention as they go quick.
I guess I'm just a bad negotiator. Just offered what I could afford right now.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Seller countered with $650 and I decided to take the deal.
Waiting for location and time to meet to inspect the bike and complete the deal.

Anything I should be looking for during inspection?
Its a 2010 Giant Defy 1.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Seller countered with $650 and I decided to take the deal.
Waiting for location and time to meet to inspect the bike and complete the deal.

Anything I should be looking for during inspection?
Its a 2010 Giant Defy 1.

I would make sure to inspect the frame esp near the weld points. Make sure there are no hairline fractures. Other than that if the bike rides solid you should be good to go.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Are there any other websites for used bikes other than craigslist or ebay?
Looking for a road bike in 54 for about $400-600

I bought a singlespeed roadie for $200 off performance bike. It's done me well. Has many miles on it and I even rode a century on it too. Nice way to break into road cycling without hurting the wallet.

Dingo

I have this 1 owner classic mostly original.
Awesome 531 reynolds tubing steel frame, suicide shifters, alloy rims, Brooks saddle, non slowing holy crap gonna die weinman centerpull brakes..

Second thought... nope not for sale.
bury me with it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 233

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I bought a singlespeed roadie for $200 off performance bike. It's done me well. Has many miles on it and I even rode a century on it too. Nice way to break into road cycling without hurting the wallet.
I thought about single speed for the lower cost but I think I would die

that VW guy

If anyone here has facebook (I know...) join the group 'online swap meet' it has over 30k members, lots of really good deals to be had. Just be sure to pay with 'goods and services' via PayPal, do NOT pay via friends and family (you lose buyer protection if you get scammed). I've had so many transactions on there, all with positive results.

domo

I've put close to 2k miles on my $200 Giordano road bike. It gets compliments all the time on how awesome it looks and expensive it must of been, I just smile.
yep i was one of those who complimented him, its true, bike looks nice!

Top Bottom