Indoor/Outdoor Winter 2018-2019

pxs231

I knew if I popped out onto the road and started climbing for the bonus loop that you guys would just follow me. Suckers!
You didn’t mention that your camelbak hose froze and then snapped off in the middle....

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stupid wild cat Wednesday! My car was reading 5 degrees when we finished. The wind gusts were not helping either, but Jim was doing a great job flattening the snow so we kept following him.
https://strava.app.link/R3BYGKZKUT
View attachment 86762
View attachment 86763

flattening it with his bike or his body?

Yeah that was pretty awesome :p

hmm you need one of these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OI6UVZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it was free shipping when i bought mine :(

DoubleD25

pxs231

qclabrat

I'm doing 3 spin classes a week and I'll be traveling sporadically in the next few months.
Is there a "portable" sensor I can get which will load up to Strava? Something similar to the dongles on sneakers to track runners on treadmills

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm doing 3 spin classes a week and I'll be traveling sporadically in the next few months.
Is there a "portable" sensor I can get which will load up to Strava? Something similar to the dongles on sneakers to track runners on treadmills

didnt @Norm mention something he was using while on travel in his blog? im not sure what it was or what it was logging tho . . .

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finished all 9 stages of the Zwift tour today.
Screenshot_20190202-165242_Companion.jpg

Gravel ride tomorrow afternoon.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome to week 7 of 13! the hump week of winter.

1549288567127.png

I've been a slug, but the leaderboard says some people have been putting in the work.

Looks like a break in the weather will produce soggy trails, except for the usual spots (like RV)

Zwift is now offering mileage (can we call it mileage if it is in kilometers?) based trials. They gave me
25km, and i didn't sign-up, so they bumped up another 10km. At the 10km mark, it asked me to
join, and the subscription through itunes failed to process, but it let me keep going.

Joined later, and it started a time based trial before the first billing - there is no commitment
beyond the month that is paid, so cancel anytime, then ride-out the current period.
As i mentioned, with a wahoo element, and the phone, you can simulate local rides, but
i found it hard to let people ride away from me if our watts/kg were close. so that was a bit motivating.
Also a fun distraction to look around while riding - i haven't messed with the camera angles or any
avatar customization - i'll probably let my kid to that, as that is the highlight of the NBA 2K games he plays.

Anyway. it is a good week to start training for the Rutgers Half Marathon, won't catch pneumonia doing intervals.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh look!

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 9.12.33 AM.png

For the record, both Utah and I have something like 20 hours of ski time in here. He has additional time climbing. So your game is rigged against us fat guys. Jerk.

I also put @w_b there because I want to know if you ride your road bike in the Chestertown/Gore area in the summer.

Reactions: w_b

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I resemble that remark.....

bonus for video of pinch based BMI tests......please use spoiler tag.

w_b

Oh look!

View attachment 87119

For the record, both Utah and I have something like 20 hours of ski time in here. He has additional time climbing. So your game is rigged against us fat guys. Jerk.

I also put @w_b there because I want to know if you ride your road bike in the Chestertown/Gore area in the summer.

Nice job, guys. Multi sport is the way to keep it fresh and enjoyable.
Soundz like a nice area, @Norm . Thanks for asking. Few problems with this scenario, for me, doe:

I have never owned a road bike. Unless you count the 10 speed I had when I was 12. I thought about getting one a few times.
I only ride the road on my MTB when there are no other options, or to get to the trails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom