Indoor/Outdoor Winter 2018-2019

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm setting up my trainer today ! just cause.

Otay -

you got a trainer, or not.
Let's put in some saddle time - inside, outside, upside down.

And as a bonus - 125% of swimming or running time - indoor or out. (done!)

gotta have strava
started yesterday 12/24/2018 - cause i'm using the strava club start-day of Monday.
Ends 3/24/2019 on the sunday of HOH? (Edit)
strava club
https://www.strava.com/clubs/winter-2018

Shoot me a note if i don't have your strava->forum name from last year.

1 class - Weenies.

Let me know if any group wants a custom leader-board.

The first leaderboard is just the sum of the time, the second leaderboard is the sum of your ordinal position each week (if you have the most riding time, you get
the the highest position ie - 17 people rode that week, you get a 17, next gets 16. no ride gets a zero - so on a big week where everyone rides, a big score can be posted)
the "score" is going to be done on straight riding time.

Leaderboard:

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Is this the other BIYF?

Is there a rumor HOH is no more?

thought they were going to collapse the spring races into one because of how complicated they are to put on. Or maybe i was dreaming it.
i'll do some checking.

it can't be BIYF, since it includes inside... unless it is the balls-i-y-f version?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
thought they were going to collapse the spring races into one because of how complicated they are to put on. Or maybe i was dreaming it.
i'll do some checking.

it can't be BIYF, since it includes inside... unless it is the balls-i-y-f version?
Idk, HOH would probably be the “one” then as it was the most popular by a factor of 10. I think fools classic was second most attended for the spring ones.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Idk, HOH would probably be the “one” then as it was the most popular by a factor of 10. I think fools classic was second most attended for the spring ones.

It's a shame because Fool's Classic is a significantly better ride. HOH is sort of a shit show.

Patrick

Staff member

no date for sourland classic, fools, or buffoon.

HOH
Sunday March 24, 2019 9:00 AM (Ride Start)
Elks Lodge 354 Route 518 Blawenburg, NJ 08504

Mahnken

I need this! Incentive to get on the trainer. With a brand new newborn, I don't think I'm going to be able to stray too far from home for trail rides for a little bit. My winter training will mostly be basement rides and running around the block. I've also been thinking of joining a pool, nice to know they count for something too. I've got a couple small triathlons on the horizon.

jklett

Weenie_Hut_Juniors.png

I'm in!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I rode a bunch of that loop in November, so much harder than HOH

Harder. Longer. Actual gravel sections. About 1/10th the people. Better food at the end. List goes on and on.

HOH is a prime example of how Zwift diminishes a ride experience. Folks show up brutally strong but ride off the road on the first turn. Last year I lost count of the number of folks getting ambulanced off course. I expect this year to be even worse.

Patrick

Staff member
Swimming and running bonus are now activated.

if you nordic ski or snowshoe, and don't put it in strava as a run, post up here, and i'll add it manually.

Top Bottom