I'm tired of riding the same stuff and riding solo

that VW guy

So the few I used to ride with don't have the time anymore because of kids and/or baby on the way, change of careers, or puss out because it's below 45. It doesn't look like I'll have a group to ride with from now on, so it's time to make some friends!

I frequent LM and don't venture to other places because it's downright BORING riding by myself most of the time, and I always feel as though if I do get badly hurt in another park, it'll be a long while before someone stumbles on me. LM is usually packed with riders and/or runners).

Anyone willing to pick up a straggler? I can ride for a while without stopping but do frequent the granny gear going up hills. I'm typically open every weekend, and I do try to ride both weekend days

Last edited:

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
You are always welcome to join me and my group of riding buddies. I typically ride every weekend too, and the cold doesnt usually stop me.

mtbiker87

Sure thing, shoot me a pm and we can set something up. I live right across from Wayway so if you want to there give me a shout.

that VW guy

You are always welcome to join me and my group of riding buddies. I typically ride every weekend too, and the cold doesnt usually stop me.

Thank you! I work on Schoolhouse Rd just off of exit 12. I have been wanting to try Six Mile after work one day, but found out about the place too late; apparently this place needs to be avoided in the winter :(

Sure thing, shoot me a pm and we can set something up. I live right across from Wayway so if you want to there give me a shout.

Definitely going to hit you up!

Thank you for sharing, had no idea about these!

dmc123

I live near you and frequent Allamuchy. I have the same problem with buddies not riding anymore so hit pm me if you are looking to get out.

Dave

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Thank you! I work on Schoolhouse Rd just off of exit 12. I have been wanting to try Six Mile after work one day, but found out about the place too late; apparently this place needs to be avoided in the winter :(

6M is ok in the winter IF it is freezing out, but you still have to get there early before the sun hits the field sections and starts warming the soil. Best to get there and be done before 9am.

I will try to give ya a couple days notice next time we make plans.

that VW guy

I live near you and frequent Allamuchy. I have the same problem with buddies not riding anymore so hit pm me if you are looking to get out.

Dave

I frequent rides to Califon on a weekly basis on my CAAD10 when it's warm. Would love to see more of Stephens and visit North for the first time! Let me know when you're down to ride!

6M is ok in the winter IF it is freezing out, but you still have to get there early before the sun hits the field sections and starts warming the soil. Best to get there and be done before 9am.

I will try to give ya a couple days notice next time we make plans.

Hope to ride with you soon!

mtnman0312

Hit me up as well - I typically ride Allamuchy - lately just the Deer Park side since I go alone on occasion. Always up for night rides, weekend, etc.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would be happy to show you around any of the Allamuchy parks. I typically ride both Sat and Sunday and try to squeeze in a weekday post work ride when possible.

Top Bottom