IGVENTURE

serviceguy

Upgrade guy - I bought a 1986 Fuji mountain bike on the internets, it's totally mint. After riding for 2 hrs, I want to upgrade some parts. I'm new to mtbing but feel with an XTR group, carbon wheels and a dropper post, I can totally shred with this bike. Please advise, but be warned, I'm gonna upgrade parts to this old pos no matter what you say. My buddy works at a machine shop, he's got an ultimate set of tools, in the event that new parts won't work on the frame, we can fabricate and weld stuff to make it work.

Hi, I am the upgrade guy!

thegock

And this guy:
Totally Overdressed Guy- over the summer I bought a complete set of winter riding gear (on sale!!) designed for subzero antarctic unsupported fat bike ultras: boots, socks, insulated tights, base layer, wind proof jacket with down liner, bar mitts, gloves, balaclava, goggles, solid helmet, and (of course) hard warmers. Today the temp is below 32 degrees (31), so yeah time to put it all on (in my house). Had to drive to the parking lot with my windows down, but damn I was the warmest guy in the parking lot while my buddies shivered like new born fawns! Now I'm thinking about returning it all because once we started riding, I was sweating like Ted Stryker in Airplane. No Wicking!!
Congrats, you are now the second funniest poster of all UC JORBA VPs!!!!!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a good week to back off the bike, the roads are filled with salt water, the trails are muddy and the weather forecast doesn't look to good. I've been reading the 6 Mile Abuse thread, I'm probably in the minority here, but I say shut it down. That place is over ridden, and over rated, kinda like Kim Kardashian. When one door closes another one opens, think outside of 6 miles from your house.

I took a good look at my knees the other day, I'm not sure what happened, they look like grandma knees, they are swollen looking, puffy and sagging. I remember them being bony, firm and skinny. They don't feel great either, I was at the supermarket over the wknd and bent down to the lower shelf to pick up nuts and it took me 5 minutes to get back up. For now, I'm gonna stop looking at my knees and have my wife get those nuts on the lower shelf.

More National Lampoons Mountain Biking.

We got out of there just as the trails began to soften guy. - On Sunday me and my buddies went to 6 mile. We wanted to finish before the trails thawed, so we met at 11 and got going around 12pm after taking selfies and getting ready. The trails where awesome, they began to soften around 8am but we finished up by 4:30pm before it got too soft to ride.

New bike guy - I ride 2 hrs a week and own 11 bikes but I'm thinking about getting another bike. I have limited time to ride and maximum time to think about bikes. I just bought a downhill bike last year but sold it because I didn't have time to ride it but I'm thinking about getting another downhill bike so I can think about riding it. I also own a fat bike, SS, 27+, Ebike, bmx, dirt jumper, Enduro bike, 29er, road bike, cx bike and gravel grinder. Before I buy another bike I won't ride I have to sell a bike I don't ride.

Training guy- the guy that's always training or talking about training or racing. I had an epic training ride yestrday 6hrs of intervals hill repets and threshold work followed up with some kettle balls Immediately afterward I had my recovery drink and used a foam roller to message out the lactic acid build up in my quads After a urine anelysis my glycogen levels are right where they need to be so I treted myself to a bottle of Old Harper after dinner My normaelized power is un-normally high while my body fat is un-normaly low I kill it on Zwift and get KOMs on every ride I do I am working on sponsership Trek Chicos Bail Bonds Cdale Santa Claus Gu Maxxis Stans Schwalbe Shimano Sram and every one else related to the cycling industry has ofered me a good deal I pay full retail in return I'm not alowed to mention them in any form of social media I'll probably travel the pro circuit this spring despite not ever wining even a Cat 3 mtb race Stay tuned for my lengthy posts that contain no punctuation and are filled with misspeled words

rick81721

Lothar
This is a good week to back off the bike, the roads are filled with salt water, the trails are muddy and the weather forecast doesn't look to good. I've been reading the 6 Mile Abuse thread, I'm probably in the minority here, but I say shut it down. That place is over ridden, and over rated, kinda like Kim Kardashian. When one door closes another one opens, think outside of 6 miles from your house.

I took a good look at my knees the other day, I'm not sure what happened, they look like grandma knees, they are swollen looking, puffy and sagging. I remember them being bony, firm and skinny. They don't feel great either, I was at the supermarket over the wknd and bent down to the lower shelf to pick up nuts and it took me 5 minutes to get back up. For now, I'm gonna stop looking at my knees and have my wife get those nuts on the lower shelf.

More National Lampoons Mountain Biking.

We got out of there just as the trails began to soften guy. - On Sunday me and my buddies went to 6 mile. We wanted to finish before the trails thawed, so we met at 11 and got going around 12pm after taking selfies and getting ready. The trails where awesome, they began to soften around 8am but we finished up by 4:30pm before it got too soft to ride.

New bike guy - I ride 2 hrs a week and own 11 bikes but I'm thinking about getting another bike. I have limited time to ride and maximum time to think about bikes. I just bought a downhill bike last year but sold it because I didn't have time to ride it but I'm thinking about getting another downhill bike so I can think about riding it. I also own a fat bike, SS, 27+, Ebike, bmx, dirt jumper, Enduro bike, 29er, road bike, cx bike and gravel grinder. Before I buy another bike I won't ride I have to sell a bike I don't ride.

Training guy- the guy that's always training or talking about training or racing. I had an epic training ride yestrday 6hrs of intervals hill repets and threshold work followed up with some kettle balls Immediately afterward I had my recovery drink and used a foam roller to message out the lactic acid build up in my quads After a urine anelysis my glycogen levels are right where they need to be so I treted myself to a bottle of Old Harper after dinner My normaelized power is un-normally high while my body fat is un-normaly low I kill it on Zwift and get KOMs on every ride I do I am working on sponsership Trek Chicos Bail Bonds Cdale Santa Claus Gu Maxxis Stans Schwalbe Shimano Sram and every one else related to the cycling industry has ofered me a good deal I pay full retail in return I'm not alowed to mention them in any form of social media I'll probably travel the pro circuit this spring despite not ever wining even a Cat 3 mtb race Stay tuned for my lengthy posts that contain no punctuation and are filled with misspeled words

Your knees need sugar! ?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Winter is still here, its February 19, 22 degrees as I'm writing this. I feel this unrest, talk of spring being right around the corner, racing season is coming, time to get ready, start training...blah blah blah.

I like winter. I want snow. I love xc skiing. At this point it's tough to tune out the spring is coming noise but I have to calm myself and enjoy today. The push to get ready for racing, for me, has its roots in the Battenkill days, when we used to train/peak at this road race upstate in early April. I can remember following the Friel 12 wk training program which I would start around the holidays. Battenkill was a time and a place that isn't relative to myself and the team anymore but for some of us there was a time when that race was it. It's funny how things evolve, Bkill is no longer relevant, these days it's more about Short Track.

That's right, DO SHORT TRACK. The training races that start in March. Whatever, I'm gonna show up and race, I'm certainly not gonna train for a training race. I've learned that I have a limited peak window, if I start the training process too early, my down hill slide happens sooner then later. I'd like to have gas in the tank till late June, which is typically how long I last if I start the process up around March. This means 12 wks of work, peak, slide, recover. I'm usually cooked by July, Kittatiny Bulldog Rump results are typically confirmation of this. Given my duration of training, the drain of working outdoors in the summer and the lack of sleep due to early morning hours, a July burn out is inevitable.

Last season was my best year racing. There may be a corolation to the fact that it started later. The snow storms last March cancelled all Short Track racing, which left me xc skiing instead of racing for the month of March. While the door was closed to ST, XC skiing was opened. I can't say that this is entirely why I had my best year but it did help.

For now I'm gonna do my thing and trust in the process. I say process, but don't want to treat it like a process but rather do what I enjoy doing. If I treat my life, like a series of events, trying to get ready for a series of events then what the fuck do I have, other then a series of events.

Don't rush it, enjoy the day and make connections.

Just enough snow at Minnewaska to XC ski Saturday. Some shots with me and my boy friend Paul.
20190216_151800.jpg

20190216_175621.jpg

At Hartshorne with the other love of my life. Mitchy assuming the position.
20190217_134655.jpg

Attachments

• 20190216_175621.jpg
    20190216_175621.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190216_151800.jpg
    20190216_151800.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 97

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some shots with me and my boy friend Paul.

It's funny, I saw Paul at the Stephens ride since he was parked near me, and I'm like, "this dude looks familiar." I'm really, really bad with names, but I figured we must have ridden together or something. Then he's at Salt with us, and I'm still trying to think of who he is. Then I think I heard you call him Paul or something, and I was like "OH!!! It's Iggy's xc ski boyfriend, Paul!" I just recognized him from all the selfies you take with him.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pm me if you want me to send you some collagen. Blend it in your coffee, smoothie, etc.
I'm trying to cut down on my collagen intake.

Iggy in his element the other day, when it snowed. Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close up.
20190220_173755.jpg

Look out, explore, unplug, find yourself. I find contentment using my body and breath with flow, free your mind and you'll find what you need to know.

Happy Friday.

Iggy Dunning - Kruger Effect
20190222_093338.png

The Kalmyk

I'm trying to cut down on my collagen intake.

Iggy in his element the other day, when it snowed. Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close up.
View attachment 88363

Look out, explore, unplug, find yourself. I find contentment using my body and breath with flow, free your mind and you'll find what you need to know.

Happy Friday.

Iggy Dunning - Kruger Effect
View attachment 88364

That was a real offer. We have bags of samples. I know when you’re out touching up that back nine, it feels like a home ;)

Top Bottom