If I were to CROSS...what do I need to know?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Another year and I am still CXcurious. I have 4 race bike options. Top Fuel MTB geared, Superfly SS MTB , Domane road bike with 28mm tires or fixie road bike. I am thinking Hippocross as Lambertville rocks! If I do gears what class do I enter?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
LOL show up on your road bike for epic ness

@Delish made a post a while ago isn't it a sticky somewhere?

Run the geared mtb, what is your race cat on usac? You could auto upgrade to cat 3 if you are cat 1 mtb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or do cat 5 as a noob. But with your fitness you'd be fine racing cat 3

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Try to borrow a cross bike. If not, the trek fuel.

I'm not sure what rules say with regards to going from MTB to cx, but I think the 4s or 40+ 4s would be the right place to dip your toes.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Another year and I am still CXcurious. I have 4 race bike options. Top Fuel MTB geared, Superfly SS MTB , Domane road bike with 28mm tires or fixie road bike. I am thinking Hippocross as Lambertville rocks! If I do gears what class do I enter?

stay out of the 4/5 40+ race. bad things will happen.

80324efb4e63252ba5ea8cd36fd5799a

scotth

So which race will you be doing?? Time's running out!!
Hey Dave, Think we met in the bike shop the other day. Which class would you ride? Cross is so fun...If you're fast or not there's always action. Your family can pretty much see you the whole time and it's less than an hour, so it doesn't take much of your day. I have a VanDessel you could use for a race, I do 40+ 4/5, but could ride a different race if it would work out for you.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Hey Dave, Think we met in the bike shop the other day. Which class would you ride? Cross is so fun...If you're fast or not there's always action. Your family can pretty much see you the whole time and it's less than an hour, so it doesn't take much of your day. I have a VanDessel you could use for a race, I do 40+ 4/5, but could ride a different race if it would work out for you.
Thanks! Think I will start with apple cross and my rigid ss. Ss vs fatbikes class. I’ll be racing woods hollow earlier in the day.

Top Bottom