If I were going to try 1 enduro race...

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
MASS = 1st place amateur
ESC = last place amateur

I will race both series but the competition level is no comparison. ESC usually has at least one run that will get me off me off my bike and walk. I (as a 46 yr old women) never walk at a MASS race. Can't really compare the two.

Gnick

MASS = 1st place amateur
ESC = last place amateur

I will race both series but the competition level is no comparison. ESC usually has at least one run that will get me off me off my bike and walk. I (as a 46 yr old women) never walk at a MASS race. Can't really compare the two.

Yea I’m definitely going to try the MASS one first then. The thing about enduro racing though is that it’s pretty much a whole weekend event right? I live 90 miles from glen park so I would probably need to look at getting a hotel.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yea I’m definitely going to try the MASS one first then. The thing about enduro racing though is that it’s pretty much a whole weekend event right? I live 90 miles from glen park so I would probably need to look at getting a hotel.
This is what deterred me from jumping head first into enduro last season. Recently stocked up on tons of camping gear though, might try to tent up at a few events this season.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Only need a hotel if you want to practice/pre-ride. The Enduro race itself is only 1 day so you could do a day trip and race blind. That's what i always did. If you don't care about medals, just push yourself as much as you're comfortable with on unknown terrain. Also, the courses might be marked earlier in the week so you could do the preride midweek, then race the 1 day. Or just ride Glen Park anytime leading up to the race so you're generally familiar with what it's like, even if no courses are marked.

Gnick

This is what deterred me from jumping head first into enduro last season. Recently stocked up on tons of camping gear though, might try to tent up at a few events this season.
Yea that’s another way to think about it - I’ve slept in my truck for less.

Gnick

Only need a hotel if you want to practice/pre-ride. The Enduro race itself is only 1 day so you could do a day trip and race blind. That's what i always did. If you don't care about medals, just push yourself as much as you're comfortable with on unknown terrain. Also, the courses might be marked earlier in the week so you could do the preride midweek, then race the 1 day. Or just ride Glen Park anytime leading up to the race so you're generally familiar with what it's like, even if no courses are marked.

Got it - when do they release the race dates?

DanBrodeen

It looks like this is typically in late April? I'd be using my xc dual suspension so I'd be at a disadvantage to some of the big bikes but I'd like to give it a shot and see what I think.
First enduro is ESC on 5/19 then Mass on 6/30. Run an enduro casing tire and a dropper. I raced there back in the day on my Anthem 29.

Top Bottom