Iditarod trail invitational

I guess the reality is that the stock price of $2799 is way off spec for what someone really needs/wants for THIS kind of adventure - which is as extreme as it gets. To me, it seems pretty well equipped as is.

After re-reading their marketing pitch, its not like they said "This is the set-up used by Iditarod racers". So, I guess I'll retract the shaming. ;)

If anybody wants to start their build based on what JayP actually used, the frameset is $1799.

I don't get the shaming part?
When do sponsored riders ride their bike stock anyways? Everyone also knows about the custom bikes which are sometimes restickered with the sponsor's named since the iron age.

The top Pros will always be on the best stuff ever, and most of that will even be prototype stuff that none of us can buy. Hell, I'm like bottom of the barrel Pro and you can't buy anything on my bike either.

Speaking of this, I saw an article on Nino Schurter using wireless shifting in this past weekend's WC. I think that's prototype for mountainbiking right now.

As far as this race is concerned, I had a kind of funny conversation with my wife about it yesterday. We were talking about the recent snowfall and I mentioned that this race was going on. I told her that the winner had just finished the thousand miles in just under 17 days. She said, "You're never doing that one, are you?" My short reply was, "Jesus-fuckin'-Christ, nooooooooooooo ..." I told her that the idea of this race sounds like a my own personal inner circle of hell. Spending 17 days in a frozen hellscape would be bad enough, but doing so while dragging a fully-loaded sherpa bike through several feet of snow would pretty much make me want to hang myself from the nearest icicle tree. I respect the guys that can sack up and do this, but ... noooooooooooooooooooo thank you.

Back
Top Bottom