Iditarod trail invitational

Neil wins the 350 mile race today
neil.jpg

Neil seemed shot in that video. He said he was pushing through waist deep snow at one point.

The leader in the 1000 mile race is Jay P. He is in Anvik this morning ready to head out to Grayling.
Phil Hofstetter was in Shageluk. Behind him are Kevin B. and Jay C as well as Troy, Kyle, Adam and other racers
Tim H, Peter Ripmaster. Craig Bullen and Beat are ready to leave McGrath this morning. Toni Lund was in Takotna.
6 more racers remain on the trail to McGrath with Carole Holley and Jill Homer on the way.
The last racer on the trail is Thomas Keene who is not in Nikolai yet.

rainy1.jpg

It must be quite a psychological challenge to motivate yourself after doing 500 miles and realizing you are only 1/2 way there.

Have you been following Tracey's posts about JayP? They've been super entertaining.

The bad news and the good news..........

Nina Gaessler had her bike stolen the night before the race. :mad:

The good news about the story is that Speedway Cycles was able to set her up with a loaner
so she could still race. They spent many hours setting it up for her. and she finished!
Great guys at Speedway!

the loaner
28279779_10215056271550609_1969338589517136916_n.jpg

Are you including all the bags and contents? If not, please help me understand what he is doing with $9k to change a bike that the company promotes as a machine for "the ultimate adventure" at $3k. I get wheels, but I really can't imagine that is $9k. And if he is replacing every component, then shame on Salsa.

Except his is like 15k the way it sits in that picture.

Are you including all the bags and contents? If not, please help me understand what he is doing with $9k to change a bike that the company promotes as a machine for "the ultimate adventure" at $3k. I get wheels, but I really can't imagine that is $9k. And if he is replacing every component, then shame on Salsa.
I don't get the shaming part?
When do sponsored riders ride their bike stock anyways? Everyone also knows about the custom bikes which are sometimes restickered with the sponsor's named since the iron age.

Only the frame and fork is stock on that bike, I rode it during Fat Pursuit. XX1 Eagle, 100mm HED wheelset, a one off custom Quarq Power Meter, etc. I'd guesstimate the bike itself is over 9k if you could actually build it, which you can't. The rest is all the gear and custom bags. I'm basing this on how much my gear set-up cost, which is pretty basic stuff in comparison. Now that I'm typing this all out, I think it's even more!!

The top Pros will always be on the best stuff ever, and most of that will even be prototype stuff that none of us can buy. Hell, I'm like bottom of the barrel Pro and you can't buy anything on my bike either.

Back
Top Bottom