I woke up thinking "We need another tire thread"

choop

I had one pair of Pro One's that were great. They were durable enough and lasted about 2k miles. I did have to patch the inside of the tire once or twice I think.

The last pair I just took off didn't last quite as long. Maybe 1,500 miles. But the last 500 were painful trying to get them sealed, patched, etc. They definitely didn't like the hotter weather. The soft rubber which makes them corner so well also lets the sealant plugs get pushed out.

They are really great tires, but they are also a bit of high maintenance. I am going to put Conti GP clinchers back on until the new Specailized come out in the fall.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

They are really great tires, but they are also a bit of high maintenance. I am going to put Conti GP clinchers back on until the new Specailized come out in the fall.

Was this the only tire you tried? Definitely not looking to ^ the maintenance

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'll have to double check, but I thought the 25s were a tight squeeze. Currently running Conti GP 4000s ii on Pacenti SL23 rims.

Did you try the Schwable Pro Ones? Wondering which is more durable. I survive with the Contis but they don't look pretty when I'm done. FWIW they're always replaced because I hit shit, don't think I ever wore one out completely.

I've ripped Scwable tires taking them out of the box. I generally need something a bit more substantial...

choop

Was this the only tire you tried? Definitely not looking to ^ the maintenance

The pro ones aren’t the only tire I have tried. But they definitely are my favorite in regard to the ride quality.

If you want maintenance free and are willing to give up some grams and rolling resistance, go with the Specialized Roubaix 23/25. I think I put almost 3500 miles on a set before replacing.

Top Bottom