I tried flat pedals yesterday

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

CrankAddictRich

I just got these... wore them for the first time on Sunday. I really liked them. Just as grippy as my Specialized 2FO flat shoes, a little more supportive and comfortable at the same time.

p5pb15804347.jpg

CrankAddictRich

Not sure what you mean by water proof? they're shoes, they're not rubber boots. If you stick your foot in water, it will get wet. They are water resistant, but not water proof.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Frank I picked up a pair of the 5.10 insulated high tops. They are warm. I wear them when I take the kids sledding warm. You should check them out.

https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-...-3gIVRLnACh3FQw7FEAAYASACEgKTUvD_BwE&start=16

I have these as well and they are great for the winter months. I used to mess around with a thin sock, plastic bag, and a thick sock over it all under my normal freeriders. There is no need for all of that with the 5.10 EPS shoes.

FitmanNJ

I have these as well and they are great for the winter months. I used to mess around with a thin sock, plastic bag, and a thick sock over it all under my normal freeriders. There is no need for all of that with the 5.10 EPS shoes.
Curious -- What's the lowest temperature that you've used these shoes in, and how long were you able to comfortably stay out there?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Curious -- What's the lowest temperature that you've used these shoes in, and how long were you able to comfortably stay out there?

Honestly, I can't remember for sure. I think I had them out for a couple hours in the high teens with one pair of thick wool socks.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

I’ve been out in the teens for two hours with smart wool socks and was just fine. Also shovel my driveway in them and use them to snowshoe.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My boots are good to at least -5 (I think that's what it hit nyd last winter) with Summer socks for several hours. Just buy the right gear and its nbd to be out in the cold

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This thread is no longer about flat pedals...

Why are everyone’s feet so cold? I’ve worn my normal 510 Maltese down in the single digits with some wool socks and I’m fine. Just don’t stop pedaling or you die. My biggest concern is always head and fingers.

terrabike01

Why are everyone’s feet so cold? I’ve worn my normal 510 Maltese down in the single digits with some wool socks and I’m fine. Just don’t stop pedaling or you die. My biggest concern is always head and fingers.
LOL! "Just don't stop pedaling or you die". Awesome! I rode my 510 Freeriders and Impacts down to teens. The wool socks are the key! Get wool socks people if you dont have them.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

my feet have always been fine in my summer shoes down to the teens, as long as they stay dry!, and that is the key to me, i bought the winter boots for the waterproofing more than anything else, shoe covers just didnt cut it in the snow, it would get packed underneath, melt and that was the end . . .

Top Bottom