I need to buy a new bike computer...

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the "new" 520 plus is basically the same hardware as the "old" 520 but with added navigation. The thing that caught my attention was the addition of the Trailforks app right on the Garmin Edge head units. I was pretty much set on getting a Bolt but the addition of Trailforks to Garmin is enough to sway me into getting a Garmin.

Anyone else think the addition of the Trailforks app to Garmiin Edge head units is a very worthwhile feature?
Could be cool. I have the 820, and base map already has every MTB trail I've been on so far.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think we're finally seeing the change to Garmin from Wahoo that was needed.

The 130 and 520 Plus seem like good new options. 130 is probably 90% of what most people need and they didn't do stupid things like not allow power meters like on the 20/25.

And yes, the bugginess when they first come out is highly annoying. Hopefuly less of a case with these new units if they're building upon older hardware/software but I'd rather use them after 3 months or so of updates. My 820 went from a horrible GPS headunit to a useable one over 9 months or so of firmware updates. Touchscreen is still crap...

qclabrat

Anyone have trouble pairing their Garmin via Bluetooth to their phone? No luck with an Edge 25 to a Pixel 2. Contacted Garmin last week but no response so far. Are they another company with shitty customer service?

thegock

Anyone have trouble pairing their Garmin via Bluetooth to their phone? No luck with an Edge 25 to a Pixel 2. Contacted Garmin last week but no response so far. Are they another company with shitty customer service?

I actually have had good experiences with Garmin customer service for the last 12 years. My 1000 has an RMA coming soon to get a refurbished unit back for $200 according to the email I just read. The 1000 is just worn out after 3years. No prob Bluetooth to a Google 6p.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I never had a problem with auto upload on my 25, but the 510 proves difficult and keeps doing the connect/disconnect beep during rides. I ended up just turning Bluetooth off and sync with cable. Probably going Wahoo soon.

rick81721

Lothar

Ditch the Garmin for wahoo.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
820 is solid. Zero issues. After having a 500 for 7 years, the 820 was a welcome upgrade. No problems with the touch screen. Pan and zoom on the maps is great. Connects to phone 100% of the time. Super easy to upload courses wirelessly from GarminConnect. I turn it on and go. No idea what the problems are. Customer service has been flawless for the Edge 500 (cracked screen, twice), and a VivoSmart activity tracker that wouldn't charge.

Top Bottom