I need someone that is not allergic to poison ivy

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have two poison ivy vines growing out of the bushes in front of my house, and they are growing all over the front windows. It's also all over our small garden, which is prevneting my wife from getting the garden going. I need someone that is not allergic to poison ivy to come and remove it for me. Figured I would check here first. Let me know how much beer/cash you want to help me out. I figure it'll be an hour or two tops. I'm in Parsippany. Thanks!

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

Yeah, that's about how much someone would have to pay me to do it myself.

Roundup. I know its not the popular option around here this week, but poison ivy is the perfect application for it. I'm severely allergic to poison ivy. Get the sprayer with the little cone on the end, that way you can apply it to each leaf without over-spray. Just did this in my raspberry patch. Wait a few days until the vines die and dry out, then put on a pair of gloves and very carefully pull them out. When you are finished, throw the gloves away.

Otherwise, find a landscaper, but they will charge you $$.

The time to do this job is before the vines leaf out, like 3-4 wks. ago.

Otherwise use a non selective herbicide(roundup) like MS said. Wear long sleeve shirt, gloves, pants, bee keepers helmet... and pull out vines. If you don't get vine down to roots it will grow back.

I am allergic to PI but if you wash with dish washing liquid(dawn) and apply aggressively with a wash rag you can remove oils from your skin and avoid the rash itch. I rode Hartshorn/Huber last night and the trail edge was loaded with PI. I scrubbed up and all is well.

I am not allergic to PI unless I weed whack and spray myself with gallons of oil.

I'll do it for free you just gotta find a time when I can get up there. Text me your address.

I'll do it for free you just gotta find a time when I can get up there. Text me your address.

Only if you also let me show you around Wildcat before, and then drink my beer after. It sounds like I should really get it done this weekend, so if you're not available then I might just do it myself and try to be careful.

An explanation to what @pooriggy is describing.

Yeah, there was a thread about poison ivy a while ago with this video or one like it. I get the concept, but I generally try to avoid exposing myself to poison ivy anyway.

The time to do this job is before the vines leaf out, like 3-4 wks. ago.

Yeah, but my wife only really started complaining about it yesterday.

I have no problem using something like Roundup in the front of the house, but I'm thinking I probably shouldn't spray it in the garden. We have herbs and shit that are gonna go in our mouths in there.

There aren't many problems that fire, and maybe some explosives, won't solve. You breathe in burning poison ivy though, you will be in a world of hurt.

happened to a friend of mine. its terrible if it makes it to a camp fire.

Roundup. It's non toxic to humans.
You can actually grow plants in it as long as the leaves don't touch it. It only kills plants through the leaves.

Back
Top Bottom