I need a new bike

oobaa47

I would say have a serious look and a demo if you can of the Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt, it is supposed to be a great bike and you can get the alloy version for as low as $2600, and move up the price point from there.
http://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/thunderbolt/2019
I believe that Tenefly Bike works will let you demo one.

Another one to look at is the Norco Sight

Hhmmmmm, I have a 2015 thunderbolt 770 that I don't use all that much anymore that I might be putting up for sale......new Fox transfer dropper, new 1x drivetrain, and new rear wheel......I have NBI syndrome (new bike itch) and can't seem to get rid of it....

Tim

aka sptimmy43
If I go FS I'm in the same shoes as you @roc I'm looking at the new jeffsy or stumpy both in soda can flavor, Carbon for me is pointless since I can make up the weight difference with a trip to the bathroom or if I got serious drop the weight of 2 bikes.

I know YT did demo's in the area last year so I am going to try to demo a bike this year before I pull the trigger my only qualm is warranty replacement. This is going to be my only new bike for the next 5+ years so if I break it I need to be able to replace it.
Just FYI. The aluminum Jeffsys are the same geometry/specs as last year. Only the carbon versions were updated for 2019. If you want the soda can variation I'll sell you mine at a good price and I'll upgrade to plastic.:p

thegock

BLAK BABY IMG_20190116_130159-01.jpg

I picked this Stumpy ST Expert up from Hilltop in Summit on May 26. So far, it has 748 miles. It's the bike that I like to ride best (the others are a Tallboy, aluminum Stumpy and an aluminum Fatboy.) My friend has the bike in a teal 29er version, which he got from Westwood. He raves about it, as well.

The bike is very light and quick with the Roval rims, even though I have 2.8" tires for riding the rocks. It's capable enough for any trails in NJ. As configured it is toward the top of your range. This link is to a review and discussion that begins in post #514.

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/the-not-so-official-27-5-thread.37491/page-26

Best of luck. @roc

The only issue with it was the dropper, which had to be warrantied, a known issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom