I have no idea how to build mouse traps, but I can figure it out.

can i pull this off?

• Total voters

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
intertape polymer group should sponsor course tape!

i was hoping for the infield, over a the speedway, and maybe integrate one turn!

you know these tape guys? or just googling them ;)

We are really close to Concord Speedway, the red headed stepchild of the real Charlotte Motor Speedway. Sadly the Concord speedway is for sale, and I have no idea who to contact about going that as a venue... Would be an awesome spot... tons of potentional. The actually Charlotte Speedway one would be awesome too, we could do a whole race in one of the parking lot areas and no one would know.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Had another meeting with my main guy, they had a 15 minute meeting about this and they are all on board, just need to actually draw a course for them :popcorn:

I also mentioned possibly using other parks in the county, some are way more high profile than others; this one is new and not really visited, but still, seeing how excited this guy is and how this has gone so far makes me think we could expand the empire.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wanna do a cross race through a junkyard.
junkyardwars.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did Bilenky a few years ago. Much more fun to spectate than to race.

Was worth racing however...

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is what gasoline was invented for. Very much looking forward to a spectacular venue and event, to which I will bring my mediocre-est "A" game!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
So sadly, this gig is up.

Not because of land management, or access to a park, but because the regular promoters are only focusing on using the same venue, for 4 weekends in a row in September. FART NOISE.

Doing the same thing as last year, which is kind of a bummer. The venue does have multiple options for course layouts so it isn't terrible. From the sound of it, it sounds like it almost didn't happen entirely. Part of me wants to stand up and do my part in making this September warm up series as big as it should be. Maybe that is just how I feel right now, but meh, kind of bummed we won't have a new venue.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
regular promoters are only focusing on using the same venue,
Bummer, it's always good to introduce a new venue, especially when land manager appears willing and eager to work with.

I believe Norm is the one who said something like, people stick to how things where done in the past, it's easier for them, they don't have to think, therefore it's really difficult to get anything new done.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
this area is in need of a better summer series, but i dont know enough or have enough manpower to make it happen. part of me wants to run around like i'm running for office, visit bike shops, try and drum up some interest for 2019-2020 incase i want to start wearing a Hawaiian shirt all CX season

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Start with a weekly cross practice at the spot. Once and if you get a good turn out, then say "let's race".

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
The guy who I worked with originally moved on, but his boss reached out to me and really wants to put on a race at his park. Mind boggling that people WANT these type of events. Way too late to make anything happen, but man, crazy.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The guy who I worked with originally moved on, but his boss reached out to me and really wants to put on a race at his park. Mind boggling that people WANT these type of events. Way too late to make anything happen, but man, crazy.
Registered.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Plenty of time, cross season down there ends in February, right?

Top Bottom