Jshort’s bike thread

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I sucked. 21 of 29 I think. Felt great going into the race but just didn't have any legs today. No idea why.

I'll do a recap this week

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Check check, this this is still on. On my ride today I stated thinking about the year in review. I’ve been thinking about next year ever since my cross season went up in flames. (I got a nasty cold the Monday after thanksgiving and it just went away this past week.) I skipped the last 4 or 5 races but didn’t really miss them.

Honestly, cross season blew. I never got in consistent work and never got into the shape I wanted to be in. Partially my fault. Partially life getting in the way. Partially bad luck with being sick so much. Nevertheless, i’m feeling better and am starting to feel like my legs are getting into form. It’s a shitty feeling to see rides going on, but not being confident enough to partake because I didn’t want to blow up. I think i’m past that now and will hopefully start riding with actual people.

Looking forward to 2019 racing, my goals will probably be a little different. No XC Nats. One, they’re in CO. Two, I seem to suck at them. I’m not about to bust my ass all year, drop a ton of $ on heading to Colorado and then stink up the joint. I did debate it and actually spoke to my wife about it, but at the end it doesn’t fit into what I want to do this year. Instead, I would like to travel to ride, but not to race. My buddy bought a townhouse in SLC and I have an open invitation to ride out there. He’s ready to go whenever I say, so I just need to make the plans. I’d also like to spend some time at the MTBNJ Kindom Trail house. I’ve only been once and its a great vacation.
As for racing, i’ll Probably do more of the same. I’d like to skip some of the races I do all the time and do some different ones. Example would be French Creek, Granogue, Massanutten, and maybe some others in VT or MA. There’s still lots of time to plan a calendar.

And another change iof pace will be to end XC early. Like mid July (late July at the latest). The thought is to stop racing early, take a nice break, and then buckle down for a solid cross season. This also means coming out of the gate hot in April so work is beginning soon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be interested to see what happens. Interested in what's happening at Massanutten.

Not sure if you can get away for big event cross weekends or not. If so, think about it. If not, understandable how that's too much of a drain on the family.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be interested to see what happens. Interested in what's happening at Massanutten.

Not sure if you can get away for big event cross weekends or not. If so, think about it. If not, understandable how that's too much of a drain on the family.

I’ll keep you in the loop for Massanutten. I’ve been there 5 times and never gotten to ride the good trails because they’re always closed for hunting. I’m going to look at renting a house in the resort for a long weekend (race is Sunday, June second).

And I’m down for some travel cx races too. DC, Baltimore, the races up north, whatever. I’ll have to pick and choose but I’m open. Hate to be that guy, but I’m not interested in too many NJCX races. I’ll do some, but if there’s something more interesting a little further away, I won’t think twice. Life is too short to waste on less than spectacular venues.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hate to be that guy, but I’m not interested in too many NJCX races.

Yeah. I have no interest in NJCX right now until they get their ship together. If they don't merge all 4 masters classes into 1 for next year, I'm not very interested. You have 8 UCI races in the areas you mentioned: Nittany, DCCX, Charm, HPCX, and the entire NE/Verge/Vittoria series. I guess there's also KMC which I hadn't thought of. Not a UCI (I don't think) but still a lot of the big players. So 9 major race weekends that you could do.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
for racing, i’ll Probably do more of the same. I’d like to skip some of the races I do all the time and do some different ones. Example would be French Creek, Granogue, Massanutten, and maybe some others in VT or MA. There’s still lots of time to plan a calendar.
another change iof pace will be to end XC early. Like mid July (late July at the latest).
Yeah, it's always fun to mix some new races in to keep it fresh. I did French Creek this year and Ramseys Revenge. Going with other people made the drive and race more of an event for me.
I'm always a fan of coming out at start of season strong, by July I'm done. Racing in the heat is not for me.
Is Paul going to leave the key under the mat for you in slc;)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
If you want to get the season started a great training race is the Stoopid 50 at Stokesville Lodge in Va. like to do things like that and marty’ fat 50 to break up the monotony of training

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What was that dirt road race that bunch of the team did upstate I think. I think there a pic of someone walking up a hill. It was around SSpolooza. Seemed like a good early race.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The whole Harrisonburg/Roanoke area isn't THAT far from NJ, and neither spots are far from actual civilization so a weekend race isn't bad from a non-biking perspective.

There's also good options to/from VT that make it worth making it a multi-leg trip.

If there was a season to be too sick to do CX, this was that season. I honestly wonder if #s will be down due to the mud conditions this year alone.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The whole Harrisonburg/Roanoke area isn't THAT far from NJ

We left Friday night after a late dinner and got there not too late to function the next day. It's a 5 hour drive. Half the distance to Louisville. Not that I would know anything about that.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We left Friday night after a late dinner and got there not too late to function the next day. It's a 5 hour drive. Half the distance to Louisville. Not that I would know anything about that.

Exactly. Friday morning is even better. Get halfway, stop for late breakfast, on the bikes in the early afternoon before check-in or continuing south.

Top Bottom