I gave up and now I need advise

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
congrats!!

first bit of advice...raise the seat :D

I got nothing, but wish you luck!!! She's a beauty.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
congrats!!

first bit of advice...raise the seat :D

I got nothing, but wish you luck!!! She's a beauty.

I have no idea how the seat will be set yet since I'm still waiting for peddles, just realized the breaks are plumbed to the wrong side so I will have to figure that out since this is the first time having hydro breaks on a bike.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Euro or moto style brake setup.
Should be easy to swap though the front hose may need a trim.

gtluke

The Moped
I have no idea how the seat will be set yet since I'm still waiting for peddles, just realized the breaks are plumbed to the wrong side so I will have to figure that out since this is the first time having hydro breaks on a bike.

That's European style brakes. A lot of motorcycle riders switch them that way too.
Us Americans are weird with out right hand rear brakes.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I gave up hope on getting another 26 so I got a 27.5, after so much happening in my life in the past 2 years since riding I'm happy to be back on a bike even if my time is only so limited.

Here it is, any advise or things to look out for this is my first brand new bike

Congrats on the bike! Hey, all we can really do is just make the most of the limited time available to ride. Enjoy!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
So it's
That's European style brakes. A lot of motorcycle riders switch them that way too.

So it's normal for the rear brake to be on the right and the front derailer to be on the right?

Matt_

I Get Jokes

Yup, almost had an exchange student go OTB at clayton. He was a road cyclist, and I told him we'll take it easy, so stay off the front brake..... had no clue he thought the rear brake lever was on the left, and almost lost it on the first section we hit. Luckily he figured it out before it got serious and we were able to laugh about it.

qclabrat

Idk if my brain can handle the rear and front not being on the same side, gonna try to figure it out this weekend.
why change if your brain is good with it, I tried to switch to Euro style from some brakes I got for UK.
Didn't work, I'm so right hand dominate and OTB'd the first time I really need to brake hard

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
why change if your brain is good with it, I tried to switch to Euro style from some brakes I got for UK.
Didn't work, I'm so right hand dominate and OTB'd the first time I really need to brake hard

I am also right hand dominate, I'm just use to US way but maybe since I have been off a bike so long I wont have a problem

grilledcheeseking

do you moto guys have trouble when on a gas bike switching the other way?
Been riding motos for 20 years and bikes for 10. I don't even think about which lever for what anymore. It used to be strange to be on a bicycle and I did think about euro setup a few time but never followed thru.

Patrick

Staff member
do you moto guys have trouble when on a gas bike switching the other way?

rear brake is on the foot, clutch on the left, so the brain switches gears easily between them.
right hand is for go, not stop!!!

grilledcheeseking

rear brake is on the foot, clutch on the left, so the brain switches gears easily between them.
right hand is for go, not stop!!!

Right hand is go and stop. Blipping throttle with palm to rev match downshifts while also using fingers for front brake feels like next level stuff.

Not that this is a thread about motorcycles or anything.

Patrick

Staff member
Right hand is go and stop. Blipping throttle with palm to rev match downshifts while also using fingers for front brake feels like next level stuff.

Not that this is a thread about motorcycles or anything.

no wonder i couldn't stop as quickly as everyone else....but it is nice to have power to get out of trouble....

Top Bottom