I found the Turtle !

Stocky

It's right there in plain sight and I had never noticed it.
I'd say I've passed it at least every Sunday for a year and just didn't expect it to be "right there".
We passed it on our way to the ball fields, so it's on our left. I didn't attempt it yesterday , I think you guys usually ride it starting from 'the tail " ?

On a very positive note, the very steep but short climb right next to the lake . It's got the big rock at the bottom that ya need to hit just ride and continue your momentum up the washed out incline. Well I never thought I'd clear it, had been walking it all last year ( not even trying it ) . I made it yesterday with only a bit of effort at he very top. The new pedals and shoes made the difference over having tried it previously with my platforms.

Ya know Tim, In my head I figured it was located on a trail like Cascade or Stone Gate, ya know something well established ,some long and winding trail .I know it's not on those, but I hardly consider that little section a "trail" .

I must say it looks A ALOT bigger in person .

Either way , I gotta give it s shot next week .

Tail side first ?

Yup...here is anrothar showing how it is done...

2573365878_02b1d8041f_b.jpg

Yeah I know that pix, I'm telling ya it looks like it's a good 3-4ft at it's highest point, in person.

It looks very squat in that pix.

Yeah I know that pix, I'm telling ya it looks like it's a good 3-4ft at it's highest point, in person.

It looks very squat in that pix.

Ya' gotta' remember that is a large Karate Monkey 29er with a 6'++ anrothar on it.

Jeff Lenosky posted a picture I took last winter of him riding the Turtle backwards on his facebook page. Check it out.....

http://www.facebook.com/ridewithjeff

I don't have to tell those who know the rock that the pictures do it no justice. He does this with such ridiculous ease it's not even funny. Thought you might enjoy it.

Yeah that turtle is freakin scarey. I tried it once and almost broke my face. I'll try it again one day. Hopefully when Pat is there to catch me :D

Catch you on film or catch you literally? There is a pic on Jeff Lensoky's FB page of him riding it "head" first.

excuse me,folks!!

when will there be another big group riding like couples month ago(with lenosky also) coz i missed that one?

thanks

haha catch me physically. there is no dabble, you fall off. it's too narrow to dabble or go half assed, and you can't see where you are going.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions