I fashion my crown from Quetzlcoatl’s quills

gtluke

The Moped
soundz rulez

tumblr_ouacb4Iy9S1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

Party on #highexposure. Bonus is there is a supreme bad ass climbing #Enduroman ’s Longest Hangout (at Mohonk Preserve)

Continue reading...

gtluke

The Moped
What a weekend.
Spent all week modifying my yz250fx to get the seat lower. I have midget legs. Had the subframe modified to be adjustable height, cut about 3/8" out of the seat pan and made new attachment points for it, cut about 3/8 out of the sat foam. Got it an inch lower overall.
i-R2XKjmK-XL.jpg

Took it out for a test ride by @ChrisRU
i-4dPwTTn-X2.jpg

Made food for the weekend. I way overdid the butter/mct and salt. But this is pretty much all I ate all weekend.
i-7vWKKFd-X2.jpg

Packed up my shit, headed up to Hancock NY and "slept" in my car. I didn't do much sleeping as I was still kinda wired.
Met up with a friend I met out in Moab in the spring, started riding with them but a couple guys in their group were kinda slow so there was a lot of waiting.
i-6qDTQ9c-XL.jpg

Cool rock flyover, there were 3 of these things, really neat.
i-wNmgrXF-XL.jpg

i-wxCtw57-XL.jpg

Found a clearing to regroup, @muddybike knows Tom on the left. I split off here, I had to be back at my car at 3:00 and didn't want to wait much.
i-mQMV9LJ-X2.jpg

Lunch stop, there were 600 riders but I had turned up the heat, never stopped and I'm probably in the first 25% of riders so not many people here yet.
i-vZtK8jh-X2.jpg

Ran into lunch, grabbed a hamburger patty and a hot dog and jumped back on the bike, laid the hammer down and never stopped. Got to the one opportunity for gas and glad I got out front, no wait. But soon enough the core of the pack will come through and there will be 100 bikes there I'm sure.
i-KkSM8LJ-X2.jpg

One time I stopped
i-36V6QBM-X2.jpg

2nd time I stopped to rescue this turtle. He was heading to hide in the water, bad idea. 500 more people coming so I moved him 20ft off the trail, good luck buddy!
i-9cnq792-X2.jpg

he was very pissed when I picked him up
i-fr9sHrr-X2.jpg

Kept moving, passed everyone taking breaks. Probably made it to front dozen or so riders. This isn't a race at all, just a ride. But I had to get home on time.
Pulled back into the start/finish, was laughing my ass off the last mile.
I pulled into my spot at 3:00:04
I was aiming for 3pm and holy shit did I nail it.
i-sr29Xkt-X2.jpg

It was about 100 miles total
I use my GPS so I can keep retting the lap mileage and follow the roll chart. They have printed directions but the trails are marked too. but it's easier if you can anticipate what's coming up.
They reset the mileage once in a while because by mile 100 your mileage will be pretty far off. so if you start again from 0 it's more accurate.
i-K5HWK8b-XL.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
Loaded back in my car, drove 2+ hours home.
Unloaded, loaded wife in car, took off for Brooklyn
CONVERGE
i-tSTJcZT-X2.jpg

i-F47cssV-X2.jpg

Also saw neurosis after Converge but forgot to take pictures.
Drive home
"sleep"
Wake up at ass crack of dawn to meet my friend Micha for rock climbing, she's in from Germany this was my last chance to see her. Last weekend I was in the ADK and her daughter got sick and she had to cancel our climbing date on Thursday.
Glad I made it out

i-TH4GCjC-X2.jpg

Leading Gunks 5.8's with a knee brace.
I'm pretty good unless I have to throw a high right foot, then I'm in trouble. My knee will pop and get a bit unstable and freak me out, and then hurt that night.
But all good, was able to avoid popping my knee. The brace helped I'm sure.

i-RRw2fWT-X2.jpg

Followed Keith up Annie O
i-3td2vKX-X3.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
i-XtgDfr6-X3.jpg

I lead up the first pitch of High Exposure and was greeted at the top with a guy climbing Enduro Man. IIRC this at one time was one of the hardest climbs in the country. This dude is in his mid 60's I think. Total bad ass, you're like upside down for SO long.

i-j6M6HsJ-X2.jpg

The view is great up there
i-JqzBhnv-XL.jpg

Party on High E with Chris, Kristina (who are leaving on their 2 year van voyage this week!) Keith and Gabi

i-RNwGDRm-X2.jpg

Rapped down, drove home.
PASSED THE F OUT

ChrisRU

an into lunch, grabbed a hamburger patty and a hot dog and jumped back on the bike, laid the hammer down and never stopped. Got to the one opportunity for gas and glad I got out front, no wait. But soon enough the core of the pack will come through and there will be 100 bikes there I'm sure.
i-KkSM8LJ-X2.jpg
I know this gas station.

gtluke

The Moped
I know this gas station.

I actually took this picture for my buddy Ryan who hosts at a cabin up there. That's the gas station we go to to buy basically anything, because there are no stores for like 50 miles ;)
His cabin is across the east branch and up a dirt road a few miles from the gas station.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
We hit the Friday night Brooklyn show. Dimwit that I am, I finally wondered if you and Maria were there like halfway through Converge's set. I assumed you'd be hitting one gig or the other.

We're going again tonight in Philly.

gtluke

The Moped
We hit the Friday night Brooklyn show. Dimwit that I am, I finally wondered if you and Maria were there like halfway through Converge's set. I assumed you'd be hitting one gig or the other.

We're going again tonight in Philly.

Oh nice! I slept on the tickets and missed friday before it sold out.
We are going again when they come back next month again in Brooklyn.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a weekend.
Spent all week modifying my yz250fx to get the seat lower. I have midget legs. Had the subframe modified to be adjustable height, cut about 3/8" out of the seat pan and made new attachment points for it, cut about 3/8 out of the sat foam. Got it an inch lower overall.
i-R2XKjmK-XL.jpg

Took it out for a test ride by @ChrisRU
i-4dPwTTn-X2.jpg

Made food for the weekend. I way overdid the butter/mct and salt. But this is pretty much all I ate all weekend.
i-7vWKKFd-X2.jpg

Packed up my shit, headed up to Hancock NY and "slept" in my car. I didn't do much sleeping as I was still kinda wired.
Met up with a friend I met out in Moab in the spring, started riding with them but a couple guys in their group were kinda slow so there was a lot of waiting.
i-6qDTQ9c-XL.jpg

Cool rock flyover, there were 3 of these things, really neat.
i-wNmgrXF-XL.jpg

i-wxCtw57-XL.jpg

Found a clearing to regroup, @muddybike knows Tom on the left. I split off here, I had to be back at my car at 3:00 and didn't want to wait much.
i-mQMV9LJ-X2.jpg

Lunch stop, there were 600 riders but I had turned up the heat, never stopped and I'm probably in the first 25% of riders so not many people here yet.
i-vZtK8jh-X2.jpg

Ran into lunch, grabbed a hamburger patty and a hot dog and jumped back on the bike, laid the hammer down and never stopped. Got to the one opportunity for gas and glad I got out front, no wait. But soon enough the core of the pack will come through and there will be 100 bikes there I'm sure.
i-KkSM8LJ-X2.jpg

One time I stopped
i-36V6QBM-X2.jpg

2nd time I stopped to rescue this turtle. He was heading to hide in the water, bad idea. 500 more people coming so I moved him 20ft off the trail, good luck buddy!
i-9cnq792-X2.jpg

he was very pissed when I picked him up
i-fr9sHrr-X2.jpg

Kept moving, passed everyone taking breaks. Probably made it to front dozen or so riders. This isn't a race at all, just a ride. But I had to get home on time.
Pulled back into the start/finish, was laughing my ass off the last mile.
I pulled into my spot at 3:00:04
I was aiming for 3pm and holy shit did I nail it.
i-sr29Xkt-X2.jpg

It was about 100 miles total
I use my GPS so I can keep retting the lap mileage and follow the roll chart. They have printed directions but the trails are marked too. but it's easier if you can anticipate what's coming up.
They reset the mileage once in a while because by mile 100 your mileage will be pretty far off. so if you start again from 0 it's more accurate.
i-K5HWK8b-XL.jpg
Why do you have a printer on your handlebars?

gtluke

The Moped
soundz rulez

tumblr_oudgqzin4F1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

Surgeon can’t quite figure out my knee. Possible hamstring snapping too, need a video ultrasound of the snapping/thud. Dr says if it’s inner hamstring snapping I’ll wind up in a medical journal, it’s crazy rare but he thinks it could be. Says I can still bike ride so I like him ;) (at مقاطعة إسكس (نيو جيرسي))

Continue reading...

Top Bottom