I fashion my crown from Quetzlcoatl’s quills

I had a partial tear about two years ago, around this time. Doc said since it was partial, I could do the surgery after CX season in December. Procedure was pretty quick. No brace, just dressing for the scope stitches. I was able to walk without crutches about 3-4 days later. PT started two weeks later. Back on the trainer within 4 weeks, and I think I went snowboarding in mid Feb, which would have been 8-9 weeks post op.
Sorry to hear... Speedy recovery. Where you go? Tri-County? SMG?

Thanks for the uplift.
I actually have a set of like $5,000 custom carbon fiber and titanium knee braces I got my insurance to pay for to use on the dirt bike. They are actually to stop this kind of injury, which somehow I didn't get on the dirtbike anyway. I'm going to try and wear the one side today and see if it lessens the pain. If they could do the surgery this week I'd consider it, wouldn't mind missing august when it's still balls hot. But man do I not want to miss Sept-Oct. Nov 1 would be my ideal date I think. Back on my feet pretty well for the snow.
I see Dr. Kelly (sports medicine) in West Orange. No relation despite me being a Kelly that lived in West Orange for 35 years. MRI was at New Jersey Imaging in Cedar Knolls. Surgeon I"m seeing is Anthony Scillia NJ orthopedic institute referred by Dr. Kelly. Surgeon is experienced with stem cell treatment which I'm interested in. Would potentially help the healing as there is no blood flow to where my injury is.

Good stuff man. Sounds like you're in great hands. The PT afterwards is just as important as the surgery. Don't skimp on the exercises they give you to do at home. It will make a world of difference....

Surgeon is experienced with stem cell treatment which I'm interested in. Would potentially help the healing as there is no blood flow to where my injury is.

I had stem cell treatment for my ankle. It sounds like this surgery is a little less invasive than mine was. But FWIW my healing went really well and I was hitting all of the targets for PT early. Im not sure if i have the stem cell treatment to thank, or if it was from being generally fit to begin with, but you are in a similar starting boat. Even though the process sucks to do, the outcome is far better. I used to have daily pain in my ankle just walking around, on monday i held a 6:30 pace on the treadmill and felt great. The ends justify the means.

Bummer Luke,
Like MadDan said, sounds like you have a good plan in place.
Here's to a speedy recovery

good luck and i hope it goes smooth so you can get back to blowing out your other joints having fun. i have been putting off the knife myself...

My knees pop too. YOLO.

At least you got the mower working so you can ride it to the mailbox and to feed the chickens.

tumblr_ou4wrtwGOh1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

The last YZ I owned was 30 years older than this one. Getting a Japanese bike setup for the woods is a lot of work. Even starting with the #YZ250FX. #magura hydraulic clutch is crucial. Headlight, brake light, electric fan, welding the subframe lower, heat bending the seat pan lower, shaving the seat foam lower…. Hand guards, skid plate….But it beats being a KTM rider ;)
#ridingdirty
Ignore the knee pain. (at Towaco, New Jersey)

Continue reading...

@gtluke I'm trying to find a "do not like" button by my mtbnj.com in slow mo today. Really bummed about your knee...maybe we can get a group discount with you, @jmanic and me for knee fixes this fall...
I think you should bring the hair back and see if you can push maximum density again with your time off.

Back
Top Bottom