hurricane sandy aftermath

liong71er

rode here yesterday..to check how is condition are.

almost every trails here is unrideable.lots of downed tree.
no flood..trails was either covered with downed tree or limb nor branches.

i'm guessing,probably will take few month to cleared those trails.
anyone know how to volunteer?i'm available sunday and monday.

flagged singletrack

did a quick hike through the northern area of the park today. came upon flagged reroutes, extended, (what looks like very fun) singletrack and a very gnarly rock feature off the yellow and red. is this new, or have I not been noticing them when I rode before the storm?

did a quick hike through the northern area of the park today. came upon flagged reroutes, extended, (what looks like very fun) singletrack and a very gnarly rock feature off the yellow and red. is this new, or have I not been noticing them when I rode before the storm?

that's a fairly new section...

i found out about it 5 month ago.

it is really a fun trail for descending,and nice climb too.

cool. I'll have to try them out. the trails I was on were cleared and ridable. not sure about the south side though.

rode high mountain today

i never went before, but this place is pretty legit. I love the vast amount of geocaches hidden there also! Good afternoon adventure!

Yeah this is a cool little place I did not know about, so close to Essex county(where MTB is for some reason illegal).Only been here twice but it seems there is a vast area where more interconnecting trails could be built, ie- potential.Just curious who the caretakers are.I noticed marked yellow, white and red trails and others not marked.As well as those two new flagged smaller trails with one huge rock feature.This place is bigger than it looks.Will have to venture out more.

those flaged trails are newly reroute of red trails,i believe to avoid erosion on the red trails.the new trails was a blast..it has more than 13 miles of trails.

Yea this place has some areas in it that can give it a good techy run for your money but i dont know who does the work here ..

Last time i was here i parked by the college entrance .. Where do you guys park normally ?

Last edited:
sometimes i park at market basket, do the blue, then head out at toys r us, do canon ball and back to market basket.

how is it in hi mtn now? is it rideable? after sandy there was a huge try down on red from wpu, just before red meets yellow trail to summit.

thinking about heading up there this week end:popcorn:

72834_509411325765990_2011101706_n.jpg

wpu lot 6 trail head
http://app.strava.com/activities/36016367

a bit icey, but really enjoyed the ride

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions