Hunters

Shaggz

A strong 7
Saw two bow hunters wandering near the border of the park and the wmas. First was near the wall and the second was near stonegate. Just be careful and leave your antlers at home.

Robson

How is it possible to have hunting allowed when so many people bike and hike the same parks...I can't understand this. I guess no one got hurt just yet. One day accident will happen and everyone will cry this is allowed.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Saw one on the way out of TW in Allaire Saturday..most of the guys I know that hunt are very careful,
remember don't wear white or that nifty antler helmet your wife got you....all these parks are multi-use and hunters are allowed.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
How is it possible to have hunting allowed when so many people bike and hike the same parks...I can't understand this. I guess no one got hurt just yet. One day accident will happen and everyone will cry this is allowed.

Hunting is allowed in the wmas (wildlife management areas). If anything, our presence in them is restricted during a certain time of the year.

Hunters are a significant source of revenue to the state in the form of license fees. They are also a user group, just like hikers, fisherman, equestrian and us.

The reason I brought this up is that the lines between the parks at mdr are not that well marked. Just use extra care when you are out there.

Stocky

We were riding through the Power Lines / WMA during the week and we found a wooden kitchen chair nestled at the foot of a tree. It was very nicely concealed by brush and other natural items to hide the hunter . Pretty funny site to see .

Shaggz

A strong 7
a6898a71-432a-7b7e.jpg
signs

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions