How Quickly will mwlikeseBikes be Banned on Trails in our Area?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Which industry did they save?

the straight ski industry.
side-cut and rocker which made a snowboard to carve more easily was a gift to the ski industry.
this allowed the shortening of skis by almost a foot, increasing performance, and simplifying turning.
throw on some twin-tips to complete the circle.

get some soft boots, and strap me in!
nothing better than a heelside carve riding switch - they never see ya coming!

skier-and-snowboarder-mid-air-collision.gif

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
side-cut and rocker which made a snowboard to carve more easily was a gift to the ski industry.
this allowed the shortening of skis by almost a foot, increasing performance, and simplifying turning.

View attachment 68540
giphy.gif

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

View attachment 68540

Except not really. Making skis wider for powder, yes, snowboards contributed to that. Side-cut though evolved out of slalom and GS racing in the 80's. And rocker doesn't help you carve. Its helps with float in powder, but not carving. With heavily rockered ski's, you smear turns, not carve. A little rocker is good, too much is only good in the pow and terrain park.

blackburn1973

I'm probably late to the game here but haven't been on Specialized's site for a while (and don't really pay any attention to e-bikes) and this surprised me as it's a way more mainstream company and bike style than I would have expected at this point: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/stories/new-turbo-levo

Doesn't even cost that much more than the top of the line carbon Stumpie. We live in crazy times.

MikeyBikey2000

I've seen a couple at allaire now, and also noticed strava has e-bike rides, I guess to keep from taking segments from manual peddlers? the few people I know that have tried them have only good things to say.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Kinda expected on a constant climb segment, no?

We had 2 eBikes on our Black Friday ride. On fire road climbs they were faster by a tad, any singletrack climb I had to wait at the top for them. This has been the case on any of our shop rides at any park we've been to.

rick81721

Lothar
We had 2 eBikes on our Black Friday ride. On fire road climbs they were faster by a tad, any singletrack climb I had to wait at the top for them. This has been the case on any of our shop rides at any park we've been to.

So the guy in that vid is just a hair slower than a world champion or that e-bike is super fast?

Steve Vai

So the guy in that vid is just a hair slower than a world champion or that e-bike is super fast?

That one is probably the fastest out right now. The other side of this is they're not using a real-life scenario, the guy on the eBike is also very fit. They only add wattage to what you put out so a normal untrained rider can't get them to go as fast as that. Add the extra weight of said untrained rider and they go even slower. The real-world applications of these is that almost any of us can easily outride one on the trail.

Steve Vai

Or @jimvreeland is faster than a couple of weekend warriors riding e-bikes presumably on eco mode so as not to kill the battery immediately.

These are on Turbo. But yeah, see my post. Almost any of us are faster than someone that doesn't ride, eBike or nay.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Do eBikes cause more trail damage? Do they make the trails more dangerous for non-ebikers (including hikers)? Serious questions.
What exactly is the issue other than someone on an ebike having to work less than you? Or that they can have a few extra beers during the week?

roc

Pedal assist bikes are awesome! I rode up in Stowe this summer with my 11 and 13 yr old children. I was on my regular bike and I rented them pedal assist bikes. We did 17 miles, probably 10 on the bike path and 6-8 of single track at the Stowe town loops. There is no way they would have been able to do that with me. I do ride with them on regular bikes,(mostly patriots path and some Lewis Morris) but man, it was awesome to have to try as hard as I could to keep up with my kids.

roc

Proud papa

Attachments

• 90646C4F-A3F6-48B7-9A08-FA8C42352AED.jpeg
    90646C4F-A3F6-48B7-9A08-FA8C42352AED.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 0BB76FDB-D6A8-465D-9774-7EEBB7A2A7FA.jpeg
    0BB76FDB-D6A8-465D-9774-7EEBB7A2A7FA.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 185
Top Bottom