How Quickly will mwlikeseBikes be Banned on Trails in our Area?

DownhillR3

If your going to crush ATV trails all day, why not just spend the extra $2-3k and get a moto or an ATV? And those soul-crushing climbs are what actually make you stronger, faster. I thought part of the whole bike-riding thing was exercise, cardio, keep the weight down, etc. ?

Monkey, totally agree with your point. In my personal case, it is more of just having a side toy as a cross between Moto and regular MTB. The hills on the ATV trails we've found on E-bikes would roast legs on most regular MTB guys after only a few hills (coming from Pro MTB Enduro racers) and having an E-Bike allows us to explore further with less fatigue. We still huff and puff while riding e-bikes on the terrain we ride. Something my buddies and I can say we are going to go explore for half a day and cover 75 miles. Already have the road bike for cardio training and crushing hills on Strava, ATV's are silly because 4 wheels are dumb :) and an e-bike is so much more convenient than a Moto in ease of transport, draw less attention from police and less upkeep prices (used to race D34 growing up) and top it off... can't get much skinnier at 147lbs. and 5'9. ;)

Remember you are also talking to someone who rides a WalMart road bike at a Downhill Mountain Bike park where people are afraid to hit features/trails on 8" travel bikes...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The hills on the ATV trails we've found on E-bikes would roast legs on most regular MTB guys after only a few hills

I just push my bike up those kind of hills :p

ATV's are silly because 4 wheels are dumb

Lol, whenever I run into a group of moto's in the woods, there is pretty much always one token ATV rider following along at the back that presumably can't ride two wheels.

one piece crank

They'll be back...

Arnold_e_bike.jpg

blackburn1973

Just got back from a trip out West to snowboard and while I didn't manage to snap a pic, I did see a sign @ Santa Fe Basin forbidding e-bikes in the national forest. First time I've seen that, and was specific to e-bikes not just motorized vehicles in general.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
one would wonder...

the factory is going to sponsor riders. probably the fastest riders w/o a motor are going to be the fastest with one?
just a thought.

or does it mean the bigger "bigger" watt peeps are going to boost uphill, the hold the flats and crush the dh?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
one would wonder...

the factory is going to sponsor riders. probably the fastest riders w/o a motor are going to be the fastest with one?
just a thought.

or does it mean the bigger "bigger" watt peeps are going to boost uphill, the hold the flats and crush the dh?
I think it would cater more to the best bike handlers. I assume it would still have limiters, so it could level the playing field on the uphills and the hike handlers can crush the DH?

Top Bottom