How Quickly will mwlikeseBikes be Banned on Trails in our Area?

Doctor Dave

All very informative @Doctor Dave -

Are you involved in the sales or distribution? this is not a bad thing, just for transparency.

i was a teen in the moped years - never owned one..but did have a stripped dt250 - not sure mtb existed then :D
so this is very interesting to me. I'm in the market for my spouse - she likes the idea of longer rides (rail trail), but the world doesn't
allow her to train for them.

Just an enthusiast who wants to share the love. No connection to sales/distro, I'm an IT guy. check out Voltaire Cycles in Denville, I got my Atom-X there. Rail trail bikes are much less expensive than MTBs and they have a nice selection. Good peeps and good service. I've been a biker for over 40 years (road and MTB), always done my own repairs (amateur). Not much taste for road. Rode MTBs in NM when a cartoon spring on your seatpost with a quick release was a dropper, and shocks didn't exist. I like to get into the details. :)

Doctor Dave

Just an enthusiast who wants to share the love. No connection to sales/distro, I'm an IT guy. check out Voltaire Cycles in Denville, I got my Atom-X there. Rail trail bikes are much less expensive than MTBs and they have a nice selection. Good peeps and good service. I've been a biker for over 40 years (road and MTB), always done my own repairs (amateur). Not much taste for road. Rode MTBs in NM when a cartoon spring on your seatpost with a quick release was a dropper, and shocks didn't exist. I like to get into the details. :)
My OA from 1989, sans funky dropper, ugly ass seat. Carbon Fiber Kestrel MX-Z! Deore XT, triple rings, 24T granny, thumbies, caliper brakes, 26" rims. Strapless toe clips! A screamer back in the day. Gimmee that ebike love, tired of hucking up hills.

then:

s-l1600.jpg

now (stock photo). Deore XT drive 1x11 32x11-46, and SLX 203mm single pot brakes, Fox float susp 160mm, brose S motor, crank bros stamp flats, 27.5x2.8, Lev dropper:
ER998wPedal.png

Last edited:

Doctor Dave

It’s all about the ride! This video (I like text better but these guys are pretty good) has comparative sales stats and an interesting interview with Specialized founder. Short answer, yes and no:

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
^^^

@Patrick know how you love those angles on your shocks.

Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder because in 1989 that was ugly and fast forward to present day, even more butt uglier.

this one hurts the eyes!
the only redeeming factor is that the control link drives the brake link more in-line....

it looks like the wheel link (or is it a swing arm?) is attempting to maintain the bb->rear axle distance.
with a motor there is probably the opposite of brake jacking ??

also looks like they want the down tube farther back to get the weight back ????

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
All very informative @Doctor Dave -

Are you involved in the sales or distribution? this is not a bad thing, just for transparency.

i was a teen in the moped years - never owned one..but did have a stripped dt250 - not sure mtb existed then :D
so this is very interesting to me. I'm in the market for my spouse - she likes the idea of longer rides (rail trail), but the world doesn't
allow her to train for them.
Would take a dt250 over a moped any day.

Doctor Dave

this one hurts the eyes!
the only redeeming factor is that the control link drives the brake link more in-line....

it looks like the wheel link (or is it a swing arm?) is attempting to maintain the bb->rear axle distance.
with a motor there is probably the opposite of brake jacking ??

also looks like they want the down tube farther back to get the weight back ????

Dunno, I just ride it. Seems to work fine. Battery is in downtube so I think the location guess is correct. They claim their shock / rear triangle architecture is some patented s***, whatever.

Doctor Dave

Sweet! Hopefully NJ state will follow suit. As covered in detail in this lengthy thread, the speed comments in the article are uninformed. Downhill and level, non-e can and often does go faster. Uphill, no one is going 20 mph.

Top Bottom