how do you really feel about people that park in veteran/child only spots that dont have children or arent a veteran thread

am i the only that brings help when i need to buy big stuff, and leave them waiting while i go get the truck from a normal parking spot so as to avoid clogging up the loading area? i thought thats how it was supposed to work.

I like to leave those flat bed/panel loaders right in the middle of the loading area when I'm done!

Maybe I should come cock block you at your job :p
Honestly I DGaF if I swing 4x8 sheet into the side of your car.

For the record I'm not talking about the loading area, which I've used exactly once because it was raining and I didn't want my shit to get wet. There are parking spots in the lot that say pro parking.

am i the only that brings help when i need to buy big stuff, and leave them waiting while i go get the truck from a normal parking spot so as to avoid clogging up the loading area? i thought thats how it was supposed to work.

For normal people, yes.

obviously its hard to pick out who is a veteran and who isn't, and harder to call them out on it,
I'm gonna go with the unpopular opinion here. ShopRite in North Brunswick has a dedicated spot for "Purple Heart Veterans" right next to the handicapped spots. I have never seen anyone parked there, but North Brunswick ShopRite LOVES to profit off of loving the troops. I think "Proud to be an American" plays on loop in the lobby based on how often I hear it there.

So, my problem is, if you receive a Purple Heart and need to park closer to the store, get a handicapped permit. If you can't get a handicapped permit, maybe you can walk from a bit further away.

I don't park near the front of the store, so it's not an issue of me wanting that spot. I just don't love military fetishization.

Speaking of Depot, depending on which car I'm driving I'll park in the Pro spots. They don't specify what kind of professional, and I get paid at work so I am a pro.
I park in the pro spots all the time. I'm not a pro customer anymore, but when I was, I didn't actually fit in the pro spots because they were too small for a box truck or a decent sized pickup truck.

For the record I'm not talking about the loading area, which I've used exactly once because it was raining and I didn't want my shit to get wet. There are parking spots in the lot that say pro parking.
I knew what you meant. My HD lot is huge with about 12 spots for pros parking. Counting 7 spots taken by non pro vehicles, really. Just know my work trucks are work trucks so if I slam my door into your nice car don't blame me especially if my day isn't going well.

People parking in "families with kids only" spots wouldnt bother me since I think such parking spots are just ridiculous

On the other hand, I consider Non handicapped people parking in HC Spots to be selfish a-holes

Bit off tangent... years ago, I was at Robert Moses in LI in the winter time and the parking lot was pretty much vacant. I parked in the non handicap spot but when it was time to go home, I pulled into a handicap spot to pick up my pregnant wife and pregnant sister in law. Ignition still running and as the two ladies are getting in the car, a cop pulls up and writes me up for parking in a handicap spot. Law is the law, I get it but was this really necessary when there was no one around? Was I the a-hole or was the cop the a-hole?

That's a cop being an ahole. Any reasonable cop would not have given you a ticket after seeing that you pulled in the spot to make it easier for 2 pregnant ladies (particularly if they were noticeably pregnant... if not maybe he just thought you were making up a bs excuse).

I knew what you meant. My HD lot is huge with about 12 spots for pros parking. Counting 7 spots taken by non pro vehicles, really. Just know my work trucks are work trucks so if I slam my door into your nice car don't blame me especially if my day isn't going well.
top_that_arrested_development.gif

Back
Top Bottom