how do you really feel about people that park in veteran/child only spots that dont have children or arent a veteran thread

rlb

Has anyone seen parking for electric vehicles, complete with a free charge port? Of course they are close up front usually next to the handicap. What makes those people so special they get to park up front. I would love to park there just to piss em off. My car is electric, starts with a battery and then switches to gasoline.

Have not seen this, the only one I know of is Menlo Mall and they are as far away from the building as possible. This is a Tesla station, maybe the generic ones are usually closer to the door?

https://goo.gl/maps/HkPuUfR7nEq

Fire Lord Jim

ok - here is a beauty. the number of handicap spaces is based on some formula which uses the total number of parking spaces.
the fedex "hub" in branchburg has 4. they are right in front of the door where one would bring packages to drop off.
they are always empty (er well, not when i need to drop something off) - and all the other spaces are full with employees.
it is a brilliant move if they did it on purpose because people would use them anyway.....it takes all of 30 seconds to drop something off.
but i always wondered if it was just letting the new guy design the parking lot.
I rode shotgun to my daughter's appointment in traffic court in Hopewell earlier this year. Parking in the handicapped spot was by far the most expensive ticket. Speeding and unsafe fill in the blank were one half to one third the fine.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Has anyone seen parking for electric vehicles, complete with a free charge port? Of course they are close up front usually next to the handicap. What makes those people so special they get to park up front. I would love to park there just to piss em off. My car is electric, starts with a battery and then switches to gasoline.

when i worked on the old exxon campus in florham park, maybe 6 years ago now(?) - they had 2 spots up front for electric vehicles (volt mostly)

Dingo

when i worked on the old exxon campus in florham park, maybe 6 years ago now(?) - they had 2 spots up front for electric vehicles (volt mostly)
I work on Volts, they have a usable range of 50 or so miles, then the ICE kicks and runs on gas. So the tree hugging greenies are entitled to park up close and the peasants with no entitlement have to park far away. I'm ok with parking far away, as long as it's my choice, not the type of vehicle I own.

Ironjunk

Park in the back, walk past all the people claiming and fighting over spots, leave and avoid all the people claiming and fighting over spots. I saw a two bike roof rack on an SUV in a handicap spot a few weeks ago. I'd say if you are healthy enough to take bikes off your car you are a 1%er handicapper.

mustclime

why does this bother me so much? i see lazy ass people getting out of their car after they park in a spot that says "for shoppers with children" AND THEY AINT GOT NO CHILDREN. theres tons of other parking spots for you to pick. can you not walk an extra 10 spots? obviously its hard to pick out who is a veteran and who isn't, and harder to call them out on it,

BUT WHEN YOU PARK IN A SPOT THAT SAYS PARKING FOR KIDS AND YOU DONT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE CAR YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOKIN ASSCLOWN
People that choose to have kids should not get any preferences on parking. I did not want kids yet I get to pay taxes for schools the kids go to. The biggest threat to the planet is not climate change, it’s over population! People that decide to not have kids should be the ones that get the good parking spots because they are not killing the planet with unneeded kids.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
People that choose to have kids should not get any preferences on parking. I did not want kids yet I get to pay taxes for schools the kids go to. The biggest threat to the planet is not climate change, it’s over population! People that decide to not have kids should be the ones that get the good parking spots because they are not killing the planet with unneeded kids.

If they didn't have school, they'd steal all your shit
. Speaking of that, my kid is reading Lord of the flies

Dingo

Fine, you pay for their school. Don’t get me wrong, I love kids when they are cooked correctly. ;)

If our new governor has his way, we all will be paying for their college education too. Oh and the weed they smoke too.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of Depot, depending on which car I'm driving I'll park in the Pro spots
Ok this one pisses me off
Especially in the load zone the guy with his shitty cross over walks out with a can paint and a brush.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok this one pisses me off
Especially in the load zone the guy with his shitty cross over walks out with a can paint and a brush.

am i the only that brings help when i need to buy big stuff, and leave them waiting while i go get the truck from a normal parking spot so as to avoid clogging up the loading area? i thought thats how it was supposed to work.

Top Bottom