how do you really feel about people that park in veteran/child only spots that dont have children or arent a veteran thread

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Bit off tangent... years ago, I was at Robert Moses in LI in the winter time and the parking lot was pretty much vacant. I parked in the non handicap spot but when it was time to go home, I pulled into a handicap spot to pick up my pregnant wife and pregnant sister in law. Ignition still running and as the two ladies are getting in the car, a cop pulls up and writes me up for parking in a handicap spot. Law is the law, I get it but was this really necessary when there was no one around? Was I the a-hole or was the cop the a-hole?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't "have" what is considered a "nice" car. It's mine, paid for and don't give a crap what others think. All I want is no damn door dings. Stay away go park close up front.

Park crooked. Try it a few times and see if it works.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bit off tangent... years ago, I was at Robert Moses in LI in the winter time and the parking lot was pretty much vacant. I parked in the non handicap spot but when it was time to go home, I pulled into a handicap spot to pick up my pregnant wife and pregnant sister in law. Ignition still running and as the two ladies are getting in the car, a cop pulls up and writes me up for parking in a handicap spot. Law is the law, I get it but was this really necessary when there was no one around? Was I the a-hole or was the cop the a-hole?

lesson learned, dont pull into the space, just idle in front of it in the travel lane!

honestly i would have waited to see if you left or went into the store if i were the cop, but youd have to ask @Carson what the going trend would be on that

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The best is fun people or too lazy to walk the cart to the car. They need to be picked up in the fire zone in front of the store.
Years ago I had a german friend over. We went to Colonial liquirs in pluckemin for beer and when I hopped in the car to drive to the A&P across the street he says”Isn’t the store right there? Why would you drive there?” We are lazy Americans.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You mean like this corvette A-hole?

No, just a little crooked. Or slightly on the line. Just a little bit to see if people really avoid those small imperfections. I'm actually being serious.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't "have" what is considered a "nice" car. It's mine, paid for and don't give a crap what others think. All I want is no damn door dings. Stay away go park close up front.

Neither does the guy who parked next to you in the back? So he isn't opening his door into yours, and assumes you're nice enough not to slam your door into his.

Dingo

Neither does the guy who parked next to you in the back? So he isn't opening his door into yours, and assumes you're nice enough not to slam your door into his.
I don't understand your logic. I park 3 empty rows away in a remote area with 20 empty spaces in the row, and I'm suppose to think that person is doing me a favor by parking next to me? WTF.

Fire Lord Jim

I see this a bit differently. I understand the handicapped parking in front of a small store. But at Home Depot, if you can't manage a longer walk in the parking lot, WTF are you going to do once inside. Electrical is in mile 7.

As to all the other courtesy spots: expectant mothers, employee of the month, car-jackers with dyslexic children... I am a bit put off that I don't get my special person award. I am with Carson. I'll take that courtesy spot I have kids, just not with me.20170618_175826.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't understand your logic. I park 3 empty rows away in a remote area with 20 empty spaces in the row, and I'm suppose to think that person is doing me a favor by parking next to me? WTF.

That kind of scenario didn't even occur to me. Every lot I go to the "park in the back" section is 5 cars in 10 spots.

In your situation, the guy parking next to you is a complete weirdo.

We have big parking lots in NJ? :)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I see this a bit differently. I understand the handicapped parking in front of a small store. But at Home Depot, if you can't manage a longer walk in the parking lot, WTF are you going to do once inside. Electrical is in mile 7.

The law has requirements for X spaces, so therefore they have to put them in. Like having to provide an elevator to the 2nd floor of a gym.

We have a handicapped spot in front of my office. We don't have handicapped employees or visitors. So after one person got a ticket it sat empty for a long time until we hired someone who has a handicapped placard for her son in her car.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
ok - here is a beauty. the number of handicap spaces is based on some formula which uses the total number of parking spaces.
the fedex "hub" in branchburg has 4. they are right in front of the door where one would bring packages to drop off.
they are always empty (er well, not when i need to drop something off) - and all the other spaces are full with employees.
it is a brilliant move if they did it on purpose because people would use them anyway.....it takes all of 30 seconds to drop something off.
but i always wondered if it was just letting the new guy design the parking lot.

rlb

But at Home Depot, if you can't manage a longer walk in the parking lot, WTF are you going to do once inside. Electrical is in mile 7.

For this reason I find it amusing when people wait in their cars for a close spot to open up at the mall.

Speaking of Depot, depending on which car I'm driving I'll park in the Pro spots. They don't specify what kind of professional, and I get paid at work so I am a pro.

Dingo

Has anyone seen parking for electric vehicles, complete with a free charge port? Of course they are close up front usually next to the handicap. What makes those people so special they get to park up front. I would love to park there just to piss em off. My car is electric, starts with a battery and then switches to gasoline.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Maybe he thought you impregnated both women?

Top Bottom