how do you really feel about people that park in veteran/child only spots that dont have children or arent a veteran thread

rick81721

Lothar
am i the only that brings help when i need to buy big stuff, and leave them waiting while i go get the truck from a normal parking spot so as to avoid clogging up the loading area? i thought thats how it was supposed to work.

I like to leave those flat bed/panel loaders right in the middle of the loading area when I'm done!

rlb

Maybe I should come cock block you at your job :p
Honestly I DGaF if I swing 4x8 sheet into the side of your car.

For the record I'm not talking about the loading area, which I've used exactly once because it was raining and I didn't want my shit to get wet. There are parking spots in the lot that say pro parking.

rlb

am i the only that brings help when i need to buy big stuff, and leave them waiting while i go get the truck from a normal parking spot so as to avoid clogging up the loading area? i thought thats how it was supposed to work.

For normal people, yes.

jnos

obviously its hard to pick out who is a veteran and who isn't, and harder to call them out on it,
I'm gonna go with the unpopular opinion here. ShopRite in North Brunswick has a dedicated spot for "Purple Heart Veterans" right next to the handicapped spots. I have never seen anyone parked there, but North Brunswick ShopRite LOVES to profit off of loving the troops. I think "Proud to be an American" plays on loop in the lobby based on how often I hear it there.

So, my problem is, if you receive a Purple Heart and need to park closer to the store, get a handicapped permit. If you can't get a handicapped permit, maybe you can walk from a bit further away.

I don't park near the front of the store, so it's not an issue of me wanting that spot. I just don't love military fetishization.

jnos

Speaking of Depot, depending on which car I'm driving I'll park in the Pro spots. They don't specify what kind of professional, and I get paid at work so I am a pro.
I park in the pro spots all the time. I'm not a pro customer anymore, but when I was, I didn't actually fit in the pro spots because they were too small for a box truck or a decent sized pickup truck.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For the record I'm not talking about the loading area, which I've used exactly once because it was raining and I didn't want my shit to get wet. There are parking spots in the lot that say pro parking.
I knew what you meant. My HD lot is huge with about 12 spots for pros parking. Counting 7 spots taken by non pro vehicles, really. Just know my work trucks are work trucks so if I slam my door into your nice car don't blame me especially if my day isn't going well.

wonderturtle

People parking in "families with kids only" spots wouldnt bother me since I think such parking spots are just ridiculous

On the other hand, I consider Non handicapped people parking in HC Spots to be selfish a-holes

wonderturtle

Bit off tangent... years ago, I was at Robert Moses in LI in the winter time and the parking lot was pretty much vacant. I parked in the non handicap spot but when it was time to go home, I pulled into a handicap spot to pick up my pregnant wife and pregnant sister in law. Ignition still running and as the two ladies are getting in the car, a cop pulls up and writes me up for parking in a handicap spot. Law is the law, I get it but was this really necessary when there was no one around? Was I the a-hole or was the cop the a-hole?

That's a cop being an ahole. Any reasonable cop would not have given you a ticket after seeing that you pulled in the spot to make it easier for 2 pregnant ladies (particularly if they were noticeably pregnant... if not maybe he just thought you were making up a bs excuse).

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I knew what you meant. My HD lot is huge with about 12 spots for pros parking. Counting 7 spots taken by non pro vehicles, really. Just know my work trucks are work trucks so if I slam my door into your nice car don't blame me especially if my day isn't going well.
top_that_arrested_development.gif

Top Bottom