Homebrewers

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Nice setup! and some good science going on there.

Does a kettle get re-purposed as a wort chiller, or is that a separate unit?

Looking forward to racking and bottling pics!

Wobbegong

^ Looks like a meth lab

No, that's in the shed.

Nice setup! and some good science going on there.

Does a kettle get re-purposed as a wort chiller, or is that a separate unit?

Thanks. The small "rectangle" on the little table is a plate chiller. Cold water flows in, hot water flows out. Hot wort flows in, cool wort flows out. I collect the hot water for clean up.

rick81721

Lothar
No, that's in the shed.

Thanks. The small "rectangle" on the little table is a plate chiller. Cold water flows in, hot water flows out. Hot wort flows in, cool wort flows out. I collect the hot water for clean up.

Seriously, awesome set up. I don't know crap about brewing but know a little about chemistry/product development. Any issues with your plastic hoses between SS vessels in terms of cleanup or imparting off notes into the beer? Ever consider SS flex lines?

Wobbegong

Seriously, awesome set up. I don't know crap about brewing but know a little about chemistry/product development. Any issues with your plastic hoses between SS vessels in terms of cleanup or imparting off notes into the beer? Ever consider SS flex lines?

Thanks. All in good fun! :D
The tubing is food grade high temp silicone. The stuff is rated to 500 degrees f, crazy heat. They clean up real nice. I soak them in brewery wash. The silicone imparts zero flavor at any temp.

Glenlivet12

Does this include the home wine makers.

only if the wine is made with barley and hops:getsome:

That sight glass is crystal clear Mr. Pace, good job! Can't wait to try some. keep an eye on that conan once it gets going, its a monster, temps will shoot up especially if you hit a warm day or two during primary. Don't let it get away from you!

Show us the hops son!

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sweet Jesus i am in love!

so one needs to drive to Mass to sample? hmm good excuse to pass by on way to highlands...

Wobbegong

That sight glass is crystal clear Mr. Pace, good job! Can't wait to try some. keep an eye on that conan once it gets going, its a monster, temps will shoot up especially if you hit a warm day or two during primary. Don't let it get away from you!

Fermented at 64 degrees. Never letting it go above during high activity. I gave it a few days at 68 to finish up when activity died off. Only Belgian yeast gets warm in my house! :)

sweet Jesus i am in love!

so one needs to drive to Mass to sample? hmm good excuse to pass by on way to highlands...

I'm in CT Matt. Not as far for a stop by..... :D

Last edited:

Glenlivet12

Bad lighting but trying out my new second pump and autosparge the first time today
hu7a3u6e.jpg

Making a wheat IPA with an ounce of Columbus for bittering then all citra and Amarillo, 7oz total in boil plus another 2 oz dry hopped. Pitching a big starter of Conan yeast.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399218675.911215.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399218675.911215.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 4

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
If anyone wants to do a collaberation effort I have the welding and fab capabilities to do all the stainless stuff but zero knowledge on brewing.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have not tried using actual hops rather than pellets, but I'm willing to give it a go!!
My last batch was a imperial pale ale dry hopped in the secondary- I was really pleased with it.
I'll bag them up and keep them in the freezer for you,
and bring them to Allaire 9/17- that work?

If anyone wants to do a collaberation effort I have the welding and fab capabilities to do all the stainless stuff but zero knowledge on brewing.
I hope someone takes you up on this- my brewing game does not merit custom equipment...

Frank

Sasquatch
My last batch was a imperial pale ale dry hopped in the secondary- I was really pleased with it.
I'll bag them up and keep them in the freezer for you,
and bring them to Allaire 9/17- that work?

Sounds awesome...thanks

Top Bottom