Holy rollers how to

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Still alive only had a short moment and that was before I posted. Today isn't likely either. Maybe this evening if I am not worn out from NYC.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Following this advice as I have not mastered it either. I can go for about 3 minutes but that's only if I don't breathe. The minute I try to micro-adjusts anything (or breathe) that's the end I go flying off. And yes, video please...

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
, When I had rollers. I:
Road between the door frame using my shoulder for balance.
Used a pretty high gear, somebody mentioned big ring up front, middle in the back. the wheels really need to be going fast.
Look ahead, not down. same principle applies when carrying a full glass of water.
It's takes a little bit of trails, but I got it eventually.
Maybe @jumpa can jump in, he bought my old rollers. Let's see how he is doing.

merritt

Just like on the road, you control where you go with your hands. .

I think the big issue for some is the initial " commitment move " off of the wall.

Subtle movements with the bars from side to side until you find the sweeeeeeet spot.

Oh and YER GUNNA DIE !!!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did it though I did not last long. Resistance was a bit hard, I think I will dos connect the fan next time. Do different drum sizes increase/decrease resistance as I noticed they come in different sizes.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I did it though I did not last long. Resistance was a bit hard, I think I will dos connect the fan next time. Do different drum sizes increase/decrease resistance as I noticed they come in different sizes.
Yes, the smaller the size, the more resistance, or maybe the other way around. In any case, you have the middle of the road ones.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
-Bigger drums=less resistance, and a smaller contact patch. Larger drums are less stable as well.
-Hold the bars on the top, hands fairly close to the stem. If you hands are close to the middle of the bar, things will be less swervy.
-Yes, your hands control where you go, but so does pedal pressure. If you push harder with one foot than you do with the other, you'll find out pretty quickly.
-No hands is easier than one hand, once you've got the wheels up to speed and aren't pedaling with lopsided pressure.

jumpa

, When I had rollers. I:
Road between the door frame using my shoulder for balance.
Used a pretty high gear, somebody mentioned big ring up front, middle in the back. the wheels really need to be going fast.
Look ahead, not down. same principle applies when carrying a full glass of water.
It's takes a little bit of trails, but I got it eventually.
Maybe @jumpa can jump in, he bought my old rollers. Let's see how he is doing.

Same thing with the door. But I preferred a heavy gear at a slower cadence to get the wheels up to speed

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Echo @ChrisG. Hands very close to the stem.

Also @merritt is right about dying.

Worst thing to watch is a perspective show from a moving camera. Like from the driver's seat kinda thing. You will fall off. Period.

But it's not like a real crash. You just go clunk then get back on. I can text on the rollers now which likely means I'm on them too much.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
But it's not like a real crash. You just go clunk then get back on. I can text on the rollers now which likely means I'm on them too much.
As @Norm says: It's not like a moving crash. Your bicycle doesn't have any momentum in and of itself, assuming you stop pedaling when you're falling off. So the bike just keels over.

Unless you're on a fixed gear, in which case you might end up riding into the Christmas tree.

MV5BMjA5MDE0MjE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY3NjYzNA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Worst thing to watch is a perspective show from a moving camera. Like from the driver's seat kinda thing. You will fall off. Period.

Yes this is usually when I drop a wheel...Used to happen more often when i would watch top gear on the rollers.

Sucks mtb tires on the rollers make such an unbearable racket...riding the mtb on the rollers is more fun than the road bike imo. Fuck around alot more.

lately I like the trainer better, but i usually switch back and forth.

xc62701

I have a fatbike and I want to buy a set of rollers? Anybody hate em and want to sell at a good price???

Top Bottom