Hilltop Grasshopper Kid's Bike Race, Look Ahead

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
594BB624-26D7-45A7-A051-39D20D8CEC54.jpeg

E829CC65-0D93-46D8-B84F-4EDFBEECDB26.jpeg

The course looks great!

overbrook

thanks for posting the pics, the kid's korse should be in really good shape by now as lots of local riders and racers are helping burn it in and make it really obvious and easy to find and follow

overbrook

Whoops
All the yellow tape ribbons that marked the trail have disappeared!
I’ll get them back up as soon as possible, meanwhile there are some small white trail markers as shown in the photo
Happy trails

overbrook

All the ribbons are back in place plus a few more markers and even flyers on a few strategic trees to advertise the event. The entire trail is already burned in really well and it should be fast and perfect for practice laps all the way up to race day. Get the kids out there to ride. Thanks to the locals for riding it a lot to prepare it.

Happy trails

overbrook

Shared the race info and created a calendar event on the New Jersey Juniors Mountain Bikers Facebook page. I copied info directly from bikereg. Let me know if any issues/concerns as I can edit/remove as needed.

the race flyer in the very first post does have an update or two compared to one you grabbed a while back, fixed the link to bike reg to go directly to 9th annual race (instead of 6th? which had a link to 9th.....doh!)

overbrook

Kid's race update, already almost a dozen kid's pre registered and lots of traffic practicing on the new Kid's Korse

As always, appreciate help from anybody to let families and kids know about this event, the flyer is posted in first comment along with links to race web site and online registration, posting links or printing flyer for your community pool bulletin board, town rec dept, office lunch room etc is totally ok! Sky writing or a getting Elon Musk to tweet about the Grasshopper will earn a complimentary race registration for a kid racer.

Racing is open to any kid's from pre school (we actually see 4 year olds racing, and some have parents who don't have a carbon mtb) thru grade 8 this fall.....

NICA middle school kids are eligible

Race day volunteering encouraged, send an email to hilltopkidsrace@gmail.com or email thru this site

Thanks to Brendan at Cycle Craft for 9 year's of support and race day help

overbrook

Kids never had it so good, remember the original Kid's Korse with the rocky tech sections?

Rode a few laps the other day on the new Kid's Korse and it's going to be some fast lap times for everyone, which reminds me, there isn't a lap time for the Kid's Korse on Strava.......if it's not raining that segment may pop up soon and likely relegate me to not top 10 within a couple of days

Reminder to all the parents and riders who are not eligible to race, bring a bike and pre ride and help be a sweep on race day and otherwise volunteer a bit to help make it a great day of racing for kids

overbrook

thanks for the strava segment, it's totally valid cause i'm already way down the list as of that date, it's for sure even uglier now, i'm adding that link to the first post here for the race

for all the fast folks out there, show up on race day and run it again at about 1030, no tears if you are heckled or passed by nica rippers

overbrook

Yikes! We will definitely have a bunch of racers on the start line, there are already 14 pre reg kids in the k-1 race! On target for large classes at all ages

There is a future for mountain biking in this area

We do have a bit of schwag for those pre reg kids

So of course w this many racers anticipated we are always grateful for race help, dead easy “jobs” like checking bikes and helmets or perhaps watching finish line to establish race finish placement

See u at the races and thx for help to promote the Grasshopper

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So of course w this many racers anticipated we are always grateful for race help, dead easy “jobs” like checking bikes and helmets or perhaps watching finish line to establish race finish placement

See u at the races and thx for help to promote the Grasshopper

still looking for volunteers on Friday night around 5:30pm?

overbrook

Yes sir, volunteer help Friday eve is welcome, simple but important tasks to take care of including blowing out the course, adding course tape and general tidying up as needed, help is greatly appreciated, arrive at Kid's Korse at 530, many thanks for asking

pre reg last count on bikereg is 37 kids

helping on friday lets kids and adults pre ride the kid's korse in prep for saturday

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes sir, volunteer help Friday eve is welcome, simple but important tasks to take care of including blowing out the course, adding course tape and general tidying up as needed, help is greatly appreciated, arrive at Kid's Korse at 530, many thanks for asking

pre reg last count on bikereg is 37 kids

helping on friday lets kids and adults pre ride the kid's korse in prep for saturday
great. My son and I will be there.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
This looks perfect for my son but I signed him up for a mountain biking kids camp at Mountain Creek that morning. Maybe next year.

overbrook

Race day planning, posted aug 10 @ 1031

Light rain, game on

Heavier rain, delay or cancel if it looks long term awful and safety and trails compromised

Lightning and thunder delay or cancel, will not call it in advance

Channel Amy Freeze, al Roker and storm fields to drive out the foul weather demons

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some parking options for tomorrow's race. @Dominique @Delish

Closest to race:
110 Grove Ave
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
(Alaris Health at Cedar Grove)

Above address will take you to front of Alaris Health on Grove. Drive up Keeney St on left and take right into parking lot behind Alaris Health building.

Closest to bathrooms:
Robert J O'toole Community Center
Fairview Ave & Smith Dr, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009

Walk away from Fariview Ave or down the hill (heading East) to find the race.

Top Bottom