High Mountain Conditions

roc

Yes it is preserve land, and what their doing is ILLEGAL!!! So it's fair game. If you want to hunt illegally fine,but to destroy trails above and beyond normal,rational actions is not acceptable someone gonna get hurt walking the trails never mind riding. The white trail has been next to the course for 45 years that I been going up there and now there are signs back further in the woods are bogus I will get the map at town hall and that should show where the borders are. I shouldn't have to worry about getting shot in a public park, run over by a few Nazi killers. Big men shoot something that doesn't shoot back,cowards, in a confined park where the animals are used to human traffic, lots of skill there aye.
Where are the trails being damaged? I haven’t seen anything. I’m there pretty often. I haven’t been on ancients over by the golf course in a long time, is that where damage is?

Mtbdog

Yes the Ancients between the Orange all the way to the White. I found a tree stand along Ancients near "the elf's shelf" section near water tower. Logs were placed,dragged every 5 ft. across trail, rocks piled up to catch the unwary and rock bridges destroyed along that entire section of Ancients. On a saturday evening not long ago, blew off and removed logs along entire trail only to go back sunday afternoon to see the same thing, logs across trail bridges torn up.

roc

Yes the Ancients between the Orange all the way to the White. I found a tree stand along Ancients near "the elf's shelf" section near water tower. Logs were placed,dragged every 5 ft. across trail, rocks piled up to catch the unwary and rock bridges destroyed along that entire section of Ancients. On a saturday evening not long ago, blew off and removed logs along entire trail only to go back sunday afternoon to see the same thing, logs across trail bridges torn up.
What is wrong with people! I had a golfer yell at me earlier in the fall on that trail real close to the course. I golf a lot, I could care less if people were mountain biking in the woods near my course. If I was member there, I would love that. Quick ride and then 18, that’s the perfect day.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What is wrong with people! I had a golfer yell at me earlier in the fall on that trail real close to the course. I golf a lot, I could care less if people were mountain biking in the woods near my course. If I was member there, I would love that. Quick ride and then 18, that’s the perfect day.
Why was he/she yelling at you? Thinking, only reasonable explanation would be that he/she didn't want you to get hit by a golf ball

Mtbdog

If you go to the HMP website you'll see the White trail is on township property same as the condos,the golf course prop. line is west of the trail and not even sharing a border with the park. As far as the yelling I avoid the white there by taking the rambler trail anyways, because bottom of white is a swampy double track.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
HM.JPG

I am assuming white part is all preserve land? If so, there are parts of the white trail that appears to be private property?

roc

Why was he/she yelling at you? Thinking, only reasonable explanation would be that he/she didn't want you to get hit by a golf ball
No the person was pissed that I was in the woods over by that really old water tower on ancients. The trail really close to the golf course, not white, the person was a jerk.

serviceguy

No the person was pissed that I was in the woods over by that really old water tower on ancients. The trail really close to the golf course, not white, the person was a jerk.
Probably just looking for an excuse for him/her sucking at golf...we've all been there!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Conditions check anyone have latest? Thanks
Weird.... when someone who lives across the street asks for conditions.
Just saying... :p

But my guess would be that HM is in good shape outside of the colored trails.

Mtbdog

Weird.... when someone who lives across the street asks for conditions.
Just saying... :p

But my guess would be that HM is in good shape outside of the colored trails.
From past experience my opinion of conditions suck so I was looking for a different opine, as a comparison.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'm at the start of ancients at the northern end and I smell something burning. Kinda like rubber or plastic. But I see no smoke anywhere. What does gun powder smell like? Should I just turn back and go home?

roc

I'm at the start of ancients at the northern end and I smell something burning. Kinda like rubber or plastic. But I see no smoke anywhere. What does gun powder smell like? Should I just turn back and go home?
How is the trail? I'm heading up there in a little bit.

Mtbdog

Paul where did you guys park? I wanted to give Max his jersey but I didn't see his car or tracks up orange behind JVC so I turned around. @roc trails are frozen solid, go get some.
Didn't smell anything at Ancients?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Paul where did you guys park? I wanted to give Max his jersey but I didn't see his car or tracks up orange behind JVC so I turned around. @roc trails are frozen solid, go get some.
Didn't smell anything at Ancients?
Max bailed and I rode my bike to HM and left the car home.

On a side note... these guys are really moving in
20181208_092339.jpg

Mtbdog

The Ancients was very good today. imo Just some trees across trail by water tower, just CX over the stuff as part of the workout. Nice work on the rock bridge at bottom near white.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions