High Mountain Conditions

Mtbdog

Really nice conditions today 👌 could be epic tomorrow morning before the predicted deluge.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Planning to ride here tomorrow for the first time in a couple years. Conditions good? Is trailforks up to date with which trails were closed?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Planning to ride here tomorrow for the first time in a couple years. Conditions good? Is trailforks up to date with which trails were closed?
Conditions today in terms of wetness weren't too bad on the singletrack except for a few spots where the torrential rain we had last week still has not run off or it made a new stream right down the trails.

Now as far as the trails being clear: what a clusterf**k! Maybe I just picked the wrong trails but other than Circle Switch, Camel and Shelf, it seriously looks like no one rides here anymore. We had to stop every 5 minutes to either find the trail or pull sticks out of our wheels/derailleurs.

Indians: could kinda follow
Snake: reclaimed by nature, trailforks trail should be deleted
Dark Forest: reclaimed by nature, trailforks trail should be deleted
Dynomite: kinda able to follow with the blue tape but how the heck do you get to the start?
Ancients: ok but lost it a few times
Upper Ancients: hard to follow until the tape starts

Someone local, please let me know if there are more well travelled trails to check out next time. Was trying to avoid the American flag lookout but maybe that woulda been better.
Screenshot_20231224-183949_Trailforks.jpg

105859.jpeg

qclabrat

Conditions today in terms of wetness weren't too bad on the singletrack except for a few spots where the torrential rain we had last week still has not run off or it made a new stream right down the trails.

Now as far as the trails being clear: what a clusterf**k! Maybe I just picked the wrong trails but other than Circle Switch, Camel and Shelf, it seriously looks like no one rides here anymore. We had to stop every 5 minutes to either find the trail or pull sticks out of our wheels/derailleurs.

Indians: could kinda follow
Snake: reclaimed by nature, trailforks trail should be deleted
Dark Forest: reclaimed by nature, trailforks trail should be deleted
Dynomite: kinda able to follow with the blue tape but how the heck do you get to the start?
Ancients: ok but lost it a few times
Upper Ancients: hard to follow until the tape starts

Someone local, please let me know if there are more well travelled trails to check out next time. Was trying to avoid the American flag lookout but maybe that woulda been better.
View attachment 229876

View attachment 229877
I'm not local, but usually hit Talledega, Hawk, to Twisted Deer and Jacks with the crew. But you covered a lot of ground. I've only been there once myself without a guide cause I always get lost. Sure the locals @Mtbdog and @Paul H can be more helpful. Seems the park needs some maintenance. Next ride with OOS will include some TM.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Took a hike this morning from college lot
Slightly muddy in the usual spots but looks pretty good. I would have no qualms about riding here.... if I ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions