High Gear Cyclery - Stirling, NJ

ellbiddy

It's all good except those pseudo-auto-sliding doors ;) Faked me out the first time I made it up there to pick up some stuff from Jim. Took me like a good 5-10 seconds of standing in front of them before I realized they weren't going to open by themselves.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It's all good except those pseudo-auto-sliding doors ;) Faked me out the first time I made it up there to pick up some stuff from Jim. Took me like a good 5-10 seconds of standing in front of them before I realized they weren't going to open by themselves.

That's because we were technically closed when you came by and the doors were turned off:p

-Jim.

The Kalmyk

Headed up to Sterling today to pick up a pair of PI summer shoes I have wanted for awhile... I was unable to hook up on a winter cap cause apparently vendors are keeping low inventory and prepping for the summer months... I get the impression it is more geared toward roadies... Overall great looking store that is well marketed and thumbs up to Eric for the hospitality

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great shop everyone here is spot on. Now this shout out goes to Jim Vreeland for working my wheels on short notice. Thanks Jim and I owe you one. King rolls much better now...

Steve Vai

Great shop everyone here is spot on. Now this shout out goes to Jim Vreeland for working my wheels on short notice. Thanks Jim and I owe you one. King rolls much better now...

Pleasure is mine. Thanks for stopping down here in our neck of the woods:D

-Jim.

PS-We're still cleaning that homebrew off the floor. That stuff is wicked!!

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
sette razzo 2.0 build

just wanted to say thanks for the exellent service (Craig and crew) tuesday night. You are truly a top notch shop.It is nice to no some people don't care were you got your bike from and will still offer great service. thanks Glenn

Steve Vai

Thanks son!! I'll tell Craig-E-Bear in the morning. Were you the guy with the 29er?

-Jim.

bigW

Nothing but good things to say about High Gear Stirling. It is where my return to cycling got started 11 months ago with their skilled recessitation of my two olden Trek MTB's and also where I purchased my current Trek Fuel 8 a month ago ( after one too many RD-M550 field implosions :cry: ). Lots of road bikers looking to dial-in their hi-tech wheels and frames to the nano-meter when I pull in with a wheel that has been hammered into rocks, stepped on and fallen upon and looks to be out of true by half a foot. :p

But still finding ways to spend money in several shops as I stopped in to HG today to see if they have Lake shoes ( I have perpetually cold feet ) and since they dont ( after getting a few 'bare essentials' ) I went down to Halters for the first time and picked up a pair of Lakes. ( looks to be another great shop but not in a location that works for me )

surf1net

Very Helpful

Went to see Jim on a recommendation of a friend. I was missing a top shock bolt. Jim had one in the shop for me. Everyone was super nice and very helpful.
Thanks again High Gear
John

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Feature

Just got a txt msg from HG that my work order is complete!!

v. convenient - thanks !!!

seemed to be computer originated - is this in test mode, or is it being rolled out?

Last edited:

Steve Vai

It's how we do now. When a work order is completed it automatically shoots out a text and/or email. We've realized in recent years that people no longer answer their phones and we'd waste an ungodly amount of time playing phone tag...

Next up I want to set it up so it posts directly to the customer's Facebook wall so they'll see it even faster.

-Jim.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Another quick bump for HG.

My 2+ year old/~8k mile saddle started squeaking, as a rail came loose from the plastic extrusion(?) for the seat.

They were able to get specialized to warranty it! Over a weekend too.

This is the third item that I thought would never be covered, but asked. They made them all happen.

Thanks!

had the yearly maintenance done too - nice that the brakes don't drag now.

Top Bottom