High Gear Cyclery - Stirling, NJ

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I know we may not be the most popular shop amongst the MTB crowd, but super-awesome-thanks to all our MTBNJ customers for helping us become the first and ONLY 5-Star shop in New Jersey!!

top1005st_09brn_09_h.gif

-Jim.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
High Gear does not get enough love. Its 10 minutes away from my work, which makes it easy to drop off my bike on my lunch break and pick it up after work...Or if i just want to buy something. I dropped off my bike on monday night to have the rear suspension rebuilt and also to have the BB checked out as it was loose. I got a call the next day at 2ish from Jim telling me the job was done.

And if you are like me and have Hope brakes... they are the "Hope Gurus.... Son"

I usually deal with Jim and cant say a bad thing about him. I harrass him constantly wether its going to the store or PM'ing him on here and he is always helpful. I went up there to buy CO2 and he gave me a 20 minute talk about what to expect at my first race.. (waway). Its nice to get advice from a guy that obviously knows a thing or two about racing.

MtBKAB

We really like this shop, and other mtbr's should too. My teenage son spent a lot of time researching for a new mtb and narrowed the field down to 5 bikes from 4 different companies. You are the only store that handles all 4 of those brands, and on top of that, you had each of the 5 models in stock and available for test ride! Cool! If you were any closer to home, my bank account would be much emptier, so maybe it's good (for me) you're 30+ minutes away. We're gonna figure out to nifty way to swing by your shop more often on our travels to Washington Valley/CR.

minicoopal

I was just thinking yesterday how I wish I lived closer to your shop!

the only thing good we got going here is we have a lot of shops around. BUT, the quality of the mechanics of these shops and the builds i see coming out of those shops??? hmmmm...:hmmm:

nah...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
the only thing good we got going here is we have a lot of shops around. BUT, the quality of the mechanics of these shops and the builds i see coming out of those shops??? hmmmm...:hmmm:

nah...

there is obviously two shops you missed in the greater mercer area! Both aren't in mercer county but damn close to the borders.

soulchild

I'm actually headed out there tomorrow to see some HT's & RB's...
:getsome: Income Tax :getsome:

Hello, my name is Louis and I have a shopping problem :D

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Jim's shop helped me out with the warranty issues and Rone pulled some strings as well. They do great work, and have great customer service.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This summer I had the chance to sit next to Roan (the owner of HG)on the plane out to Utah for a sale meeting. It was immediately obvious that he is a very bright man and furthermore a great businessman. We chatted for literally hours about the ups and down of the business. Running a bike shop seems to be every cyclists dream and every businessman's nightmare.

I have huge respect for the business that they run at HG and the organization itself. They are truly a high end shop that operates to a very high standard.

As for a workshop, they are lucky to have Jim V doing the down and dirty. Jim rides more than any of us and he has tested and broken every bike part known to man. I am in awe of the quantity and quality work that these guys do.

That's my .02

kchu1

After seeing the insides of lbs, life there isn't the romantic dream. I've seen and heard most parts of the bike industry.

Have to thank all for a tough job and dealing w/ everything sometimes for scraps or only knowing you did the right thing. Here's to dealing w/ the hassles, industry non-standards, quirky payment schedules/timeframes and us.

Have always had respect for Rone. As I'm 40min away & used to get lost (until Google Maps) HG was never a regular stop but recommended.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I just wanted to thank Jim for helping me out with getting my Hifi fixed. First off he tracked down the crack in the chainstay, and then worked to get the replacement in and built the bike back up in less than a week. :D

Plus now I have a genuine JimV pro build. :getsome:

I've always done most of my own work, but having a shop that takes care of it's customers like High Gear does will make me make the trip up there whenever I need anything.

Thanks again Jim.

Tim

P.S. The red is really pretty.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Hey Jim,

You got those sleek, tight fenders in stock? I might want a set for Arizona. And what'cha got on sale? :D

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Thank you guys:eek:

Enjoy Tim!!

Cyclopath, those fenders are SKS P35...We don't stock them because most people wouldn't run a full bolt-on fender on a road bike:D I drilled new hardware holes in it and cut some bolts to get it to hug the tire, I'm like a fender magician, it's "ONE" of my pet peeves:p

-Jim.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow...a cracked Fisher? Never would have thought.....

Did they fix that on the 10's?

Top Bottom