High Gear Cyclery go out of biz?

goodvibe

I found the caterers.
1528423579009.png

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Weird letter, someone burning a humongous bridge out there

That would be Rone, apparently. But he already burned the bridge. This letter is just setting fire to the charcoal. Maybe they're having a BBQ.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From Marty's, thought it was interesting:

High Gear Service
We recognize that some of you lost your local bike shop High Gear Cyclery a few months ago and we understand that you may be missing the great service that they provided.

We would like to extend a special offer to anyone who has purchased a bike at High Gear. We are offering the same great service that comes with purchasing a bike at Marty’s Reliable Cycle.

Free basic inspections and adjustments* and $25 off any of our tune-up packages on bikes purchased at High Gear Cyclery**.

Keep in mind that we are and have been one of New Jersey’s largest and best Trek Retailers with factory trained technicians and sales people. We also service all of the latest components from Shimano, SRAM, Fox, Mavic, ENVE, Bontrager and many more.

We have already met many new faces in the past months and we look forward to many more. You might even see a familiar face when you drop your bike off!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I just got this letter from Rone at high gear.
He wants everyone to go to Cycle Craft. Is cycle craft moving into the Stirling shop.
View attachment 70607

it is a simulated signature (got mine today) - and no doubt rone sold the mailing list - why not.
owner of cycle craft is on here - if he cares to comment.

They do a nice job in the parsippany shop. I know Mike, good guy (not sure if he is on here)
Just a long way for me to travel.

goodvibe

Took a 5-minute walk through the new store yesterday while riding by. Lots of bikes, friendly folks, but it seemed very sterile.

Patrick

Staff member
Kinda odd to not send anyone to the employees you raked over the coals before leaving them all unemployed.

Hope you don't think Rone actually sent that? He may have sold the list, and approved using his signature....as there is no incentive for him to drop $1 per past customer to recommend going to CC....

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hope you don't think Rone actually sent that? He may have sold the list, and approved using his signature....as there is no incentive for him to drop $1 per past customer to recommend going to CC....

Except it's sent from his home address.

Patrick

Staff member
Except it's sent from his home address.

would you like me to send you a thank-you note from his home address?

I like Brendan and Mike up at CC. Brendan is on here occasionally. Mike's kid is a triathlon rockstar

the only other explanation would be to send people to the only shop that didn't pick up any HG people.....and that would cost money.

GLMBing

it is a simulated signature (got mine today) - and no doubt rone sold the mailing list - why not.
owner of cycle craft is on here - if he cares to comment.

They do a nice job in the parsippany shop. I know Mike, good guy (not sure if he is on here)
Just a long way for me to travel.
I just got this letter from Rone at high gear.
He wants everyone to go to Cycle Craft. Is cycle craft moving into the Stirling shop.
View attachment 70607
Go to Pops in Bound Brook. I brought my bike in there the other day and they were great. Super knowledgeable and over the top service.

Zoshe

Went by the High Gear Cyclery store in Millburn and saw they closed up. Saw a sign that said "The shop closed due to reorganization" at the back door. Then in the front window a big "For Lease" sign. Sounds to me like they are out of business. Anyone know if the Sterling location is closed as well? Wonder why they closed up?
Bikeland Bike Shop. At (https://www.bikeland.xyz) has been in business since 1992 in Chatham, NJ. Since the closing of High Gear many happy riders have been going to Bikeland. It's a mom & pop operation with an amazing owner and staff all living locally and raising their wonderful families. The Owner Oscar and some staff are retired past national level amateur and professional racers with a high level of technician knowledge of bike builds, racing, service and bike repair. It's a bike shop which at first glance seems 100% setup for the whole family to get top quality affordable bikes and service. In between all that you'll start seeing a lot of top pro racing bikes being done there. Also, they have been trusted for decades with providing all the thousands of annual national police unity tour rider's with custom designed gear for their long hard rides honoring fallen officers. (https://www.policeunitytour.com) For Mountain Bikes, they stock a few top brands, but a significant amount of mountain bike riders have been going to the (https://www.ninerbikes.com) website to custom build up a bike to their needs, and having it sent to Bikeland for final assembly, setup, and pick-up. Regardless what level rider, they cater to a wide range of rider needs. Even while High Gear was open, their shops have been steadily growing. During peek hours on the weekends, waits for service can be a few minutes long. In chatham just let them know you’re there, and often people will then go to the Dunkin' Donuts a couple of doors down and by time you get back they’ll be ready to get U rollin. They have free parking along side the shop in Chatham and in the back in Caldwell. They also provide a service form online, that helps with providing faster tune-up and repair service at https://bikeland.xyz/pages/service-request Also, people have been steadily for going big chain stores and shops, to go to Bikeland the last known mom & pop bike shops still going strong and in there local market for the past decades. Mostly for the quality affordable bikes, gear, bike repair, family oriented shop and racing heritage, and the experience many of us love when we went to a local mom & pop bike shop.

Top Bottom