High Gear Cyclery go out of biz?

Dingo

The property is owned by the founder of High Gear. They were on the side of the Stirling Shoprite building before buying and moving to the property on the corner of Vally & Main . My guess is the landlord is tickled to have a paying tenant.
Bought my first MTB there. 1991 Trek antelope. $299.00 We sure have come along way since then!

The Kalmyk

The property is owned by the founder of High Gear. They were on the side of the Stirling Shoprite building before buying and moving to the property on the corner of Vally & Main . My guess is the landlord is tickled to have a paying tenant.

Interesting. Hopefully he is still the owner of the property.

goldsbar

The Marty's Mtown & Trek shops are 27 minutes apart according to Google. That's a lot of customers in the middle that would consider either one their "local" shop.

...as for the '91 Trek Antelope, bought mine for the same price. Probably a '92 or '93. I'm pretty sure that bike was made of the same pipes that carry natural gas through my house!

Dingo

The Marty's Mtown & Trek shops are 27 minutes apart according to Google. That's a lot of customers in the middle that would consider either one their "local" shop.

...as for the '91 Trek Antelope, bought mine for the same price. Probably a '92 or '93. I'm pretty sure that bike was made of the same pipes that carry natural gas through my house!
those must have been 38 pounds of iron. For me it was an experiment to see if I liked the new fangled thing called mtb.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I don't know. It better be an awesome goody bag for $35 to ride the same roads as every other bike shop does for free.

That was my first reaction. I'm sure they will spam the crap out of my email if i go - cause they already hit one of my junk accounts., we'll see.
All my peeps are at Halters, Hb and CC now. CC is a bazillion miles away.
more of a recon mission.

terrabike01

I don't know. It better be an awesome goody bag for $35 to ride the same roads as every other bike shop does for free.
LOL. I know that's why I posted it!!! Thought it was funny they would charge everyone to ride the roads and routes they are all ready riding.

terrabike01

Guess no knows what a gourmet lunch costs? If they post up crab cakes and lobsta, you'll all look like suckers...
"We'll provide exceptional guides, a gourmet picnic lunch, a perfect cycling route for casual and seasoned riders alike, and a taste of what it is to experience a Trek Travel vacation". Thats the best line. I guess a ride through the Great Swamp is like a Trek Travel vacation.

The Kalmyk

"We'll provide exceptional guides, a gourmet picnic lunch, a perfect cycling route for casual and seasoned riders alike, and a taste of what it is to experience a Trek Travel vacation". Thats the best line. I guess a ride through the Great Swamp is like a Trek Travel vacation.

Sounds like they got it wrong

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Guess no knows what a gourmet lunch costs? If they post up crab cakes and lobsta, you'll all look like suckers...

LOL anyone who pays $35 for Bike Shop Crab cakes has no room to call anyone else a sucker.

On that note, avoid all-you-can-eat sushi places that charge $5 a head.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Has anyone done a trek travel vacation?
I'm thinking that they are using this to set expectations for their travel group, and the $$ is to attract a certain crowd.

i wouldn't think that they are just having a ride with some food, cause we can do that out of the sterling hotel.

Top Bottom