High Gear Cyclery go out of biz?

Dude... don't leave us hanging like that without saying what your sister's reaction was. :p

So your getting the same house for $200K less and $11K less in taxes by moving out of this horrible and sinking quickly state, but how are the trails in NC? LOL

Not sure if your lol is sarcasm or not as if I'm wrong but yes, easily. Not sure if this link will work but this is one I tried to get the wife to drive down to look at a couple weeks ago but she's not quite ready https://www.zillow.com/savedhomes/f...554,34.393312,-81.620179_rect/7_zm/1_rs/1_fr/ . I want more acreage, but less lawn, more woods. Actually I'd prefer no lawn and all woods, but wife would like a pool. I've heard some of the trails are okay.

Not sure if your lol is sarcasm or not as if I'm wrong but yes, easily. Not sure if this link will work but this is one I tried to get the wife to drive down to look at a couple weeks ago but she's not quite ready https://www.zillow.com/savedhomes/f...554,34.393312,-81.620179_rect/7_zm/1_rs/1_fr/ . I want more acreage, but less lawn, more woods. Actually I'd prefer no lawn and all woods, but wife would like a pool. I've heard some of the trails are okay.

i'm sure we could ask a local....

@pearl.

Why would you not move down there, rent for a year to figure out the area you actually want to live in? It's an extremely diverse state. Then again, all states are pretty diverse.

Except Delaware.
tenor.gif

Why would you not move down there, rent for a year to figure out the area you actually want to live in? It's an extremely diverse state. Then again, all states are pretty diverse.

That's part of the plan, but yeah the state is so big I'd like to narrow it down a bit. Even if we rented in the middle we're several hours away from the ends of the state.

Back to High Gear, does anybody know if they’re still a authorized Seven dealer? @jimvreeland , @jdog ,I just found out on my ride today that I need some warranty service. Cracked it at the bottom of the seatstay.
I wouldn’t mind dealing with Seven directly if that’s possible.

Last edited:
oh shit -

without being un-PC, do not deal with high gear anymore, as the shop will be oob. Even if they open in a new location, even with the same name,
they will have no contractual obligation (moral obligation may be different) - recommend you go direct or contact one of the other shops, that you would
then frequent.
I hear you, my Seven Sola was one of the last bikes Jim V sold there before he left for HG almost 5 years ago. When I get home I’m gonna shoot Seven an email to see if they can help me directly. I want to find out if they can convert the rear to 142mm thru axle.

They are no longer a Seven dealer. Jdog should be able to take care of getting it sent back though. Hilltop was a Seven Dealer for a bit but HGC threw a hissy fit and had the line pulled from us. Oh, the irony.

They are no longer a Seven dealer. Jdog should be able to take care of getting it sent back though. Hilltop was a Seven Dealer for a bit but HGC threw a hissy fit and had the line pulled from us. Oh, the irony.
OK, Thanks Brotato chip. I got an email into Seven, we'll see what they say. If it pisses rain tomorrow I'll strip the frame of all the parts.

After almost 5 years of use I can’t complain.
Heard some creaking at the beginning of my ride that I thought was my chain & cassette. After it got a bit more persistent I stopped and did a better inspection and found the crack. Seems like fatigue to me.
Haven’t got a response to my email yet. Gonna try to call them later.

Back
Top Bottom