Hi - re-intro

Heidi

Hey ladies....I have been away from this forum for a while and see lots more action in the Female Riders section. That's great!

I am a mom of two teens, have been biking all my life (age 53 years young) but until recently living in NYC greatly impeded my ability to get to trails. Last year we moved to Riverdale so it's a lot easier for me to get to Jersey.

I've known some of you a while...and some I met this year during short track and Mooch Madness. I hope to be checking in more often and join you for some rides/races in the near future.

Heidi

Heidi

Hi! Thanks for the welcome, Dom & Dom. I live in Riverdale, Bronx. It's still a lot easier to get to and from good trails. Hope to meet some of you soon. I will be at the Waway race, anyone else?

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi Heidi!!! Welcome. I keep forgetting to check the Women's Riders forum, don't even know why. I don't remember seeing you at Waway (many people bailed because of the weather) - but maybe at the next one? I'm going to try to organize pre-rides for all the H2H races (that I can - I do travel quite a bit) and will post up here.

Heidi

Hi 2j! I was all psyched for Waway, pre-rode it 3x actually, but I got a fever the night before and just couldn't budge. So bummed to miss it. Did you do Rumble? I had a running race that day...but hope to make Bulldog Rump. Would you want to meet up to pre-ride? "You" being 2Julianas and any other girls reading this!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm game for a pre-ride for the rump if anyone's willing to lead. i think i can do sunday, june 5...

(i haven't signed up for the race yet but will probably do it)

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately, I'm out again for the Bulldog Rump. I think that the next H2H race that I will do will be Lewis Morris.

Heidi

Wow..it' that close, only 2 weekends in between! Crap. I have to bring my son to a class both days the first weekend in June. Anyone up for a mid week ride?
Domnique, I might be around for Lew Mo.

ajcourain

Retired from burrito Shiffering
I'd be up for a Kittatinny pre-ride as well, if it works out to meet up for one! Mid-week I might be able to make happen for a 6/6:30ish ride (I work in Fairfield, but hooray for longer days these days!). I'm free Saturday June 4th, and since it's my only available weekend day between now and then I will most likely absolutely be there at some point that day :)

Heidi

Hi Matty! I keep talking to Pedals and she says she's taking it easy due to a shoulder injury (which means she'll just be a little quicker than me not a lot). I have been riding all along, but just recently got more access to NJ, since moving. So THAT was what I used for my old screen name!LOL.

Mare

Hi Heidi! I haven't been on here in a long time either, but I decided to check today to see what's going on. You biking or running more these days? Or both??? :)

Heidi

Hi Heidi! I haven't been on here in a long time either, but I decided to check today to see what's going on. You biking or running more these days? Or both??? :)
Hey Mare.....are you going to be able to ride soon? Yes...I am riding lots more these days. I signed up for the Vermont 50 in September so I've got to get cracking with training.

Heidi

@Heidi I think @sarcaro is planning a Rump pre-ride this weekend! I am traveling the next 2 weeks so my next one is (possibly) Lew Mo.

Thanks....my schedule is so atypical. I'm going to try to get there mid week this week someday...tomorrow might be too soon after all this rain. I guess I'll try to muddle my way through the course, unfortunately I recall Kittatiny is not too well marked.

Mare

Hey Mare.....are you going to be able to ride soon? Yes...I am riding lots more these days. I signed up for the Vermont 50 in September so I've got to get cracking with training.
Hi Heidi! VT is the best place to bike! Have you ever been? I know it's different when you race vs. going on vacation to ride (which is all I have done), but I think you'll love it! I can't ride with you, but I'll crack the whip to get you ready!

I ride a bit now, but I am really just riding my cruiser until after surgery (June 21). I'll be off from work for a few weeks for recovery, but as soon as I can after that, I'll get back on my cruiser again and work my way up to biking like I mean it. :)

Heidi

I'll take it! And hang in there , it's gotta suck waiting around for surgery, because what you really want to do is start recovering.

Top Bottom