Hello from Morristown!

New rider here, I've been practicing mainly on Patriot's Path but would also like to branch out and get out to LMP and other areas nearby. I'm still relatively new to this and at the phase of working on my skills (cleaning obstacles, turning, getting used to the bike moving under me, etc.).

qclabrat

Howdy, I've been riding Lew Morris on Fridays with a first timer, great park to get your feet wet. This Sunday we have a beginner aka out of shape ride at 6 mile. Join if you are free. Btw, what you ride? If you want 6000 ways to improve your bike just ask....

Howdy, I've been riding Lew Morris on Fridays with a first timer, great park to get your feet wet. This Sunday we have a beginner aka out of shape ride at 6 mile. Join if you are free. Btw, what you ride? If you want 6000 ways to improve your bike just ask....

Honestly I could use some pointers on making sure it's all setup correctly for my height/weight.

qclabrat

Here's the details
Six Mile Run
619 Canal Rd, Somerset, NJ 08873-7325
Somerset | NJ 08873-7325
40.475024, -74.571322

we try to stay color coordinated, Sunday will be Red day, wear as much red as you can find
okay if your helmet is not red, but definitely bring one

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome!

Ride it! when ya do something wrong, you'll get negative feedback ;)

Plenty of good folks around here to coach you up. Jump on some group rides.

Here's the details
Six Mile Run
619 Canal Rd, Somerset, NJ 08873-7325
Somerset | NJ 08873-7325
40.475024, -74.571322

we try to stay color coordinated, Sunday will be Red day, wear as much red as you can find
okay if your helmet is not red, but definitely bring one

Hey is there a chat/thread for these kind of rides?

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome. I think Marty's Reliable Cycle has a Wednesday night Lewis Morris group ride. Lots of great people and advice on this website. Enjoy.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome. I think Marty's Reliable Cycle has a Wednesday night Lewis Morris group ride. Lots of great people and advice on this website. Enjoy.

6-6:15. Ranges from people who bought their bike that day to serious riders.

Lewis Morris has it's race on Sunday 6/24. Not that you have to race, but it provides an opportunity to ride a marked course over there.

Top Bottom