Hello from Brick!

Ashlie

Hey guys I'm new to the forums, been riding for about a year now on a Trek Roscoe 7 Women's (I love my mid fatty). My home track is Allaire but I travel to Clayton, 6 Mile, Hartshorn Woods and a few others. I joined the forums to look for friends/instructors and advanced beginner/intermediate rides to sharpen some of my skills and maybe learn a few new ones (I can English bunny hop, but can't American bunny hop, and I can't wheelie or manual; my balance is decent and I am able to hit the smaller jump at Allaire with some good hang time). I know there is a beginner ride at Allaire but I never seem to have Tuesday nights off since I am also in school at the moment.
I ride trail/for fun at the moment but would like to get into DH, Enduro or something else as fun and fast.
Any group rides or those looking for a new MTB friend within an hour of Brick would be a possibility or any skills clinics that you guys know of in the tri-state area would be great!!
Really looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends. :D

Welcome!

Keep an eye out in the Ride and Races section of our forum. We have members post up their own rides throughout the week, but we as MTBNJ also host at least a ride a month at various parks through NJ. You just missed us at Stewart! Meetup.com is also a great resources to find people in your area that organize weekly rides.

Welcome @Ashlie
Not that you have to but there's a ladies only ride thread out there somewhere. They are a fun group with mad skills. We'll be doing a beginnerish group ride for out of shape old guys this Sunday at 6 mile if you are interested.

Welcome aboard @Ashlie

It my not be your thing (yet), but we're hosting a race tomorrow up at Stewart, info/reg here. Registration closes at noon, and there are currently 35 women racing across various categories.... May be worth checking out?

They are a fun group with mad skills.

WE ARE! WE ARE!! :)

welcome @Ashlie !

Might be a little far, but Cara has a weekly Tuesday ladies ride at Lewis Morris. I can put you two in touch if you're interested.

Lewis Morris is my default place to ride because I live in Morristown... If you ever want a tour, I can put a ladies ride together and show you the best place to get burritos afterwards :)

You just missed us at Stewart! Meetup.com is also a great resources to find people in your area that organize weekly rides.
Oh no, its okay. I'm sure there will be more rides though. I took your advice and joined Meetup, so we'll see what happens with that. xD Thank you.

Not that you have to but there's a ladies only ride thread out there somewhere. They are a fun group with mad skills. We'll be doing a beginnerish group ride for out of shape old guys this Sunday at 6 mile if you are interested.
I'll check out the women's forum after I post, thank you. If it wasn't fathers day I would be up for this, maybe next weekend? :)

It my not be your thing (yet)
Haha that yet is definitely where I am at. I have no idea how to race or even if I'm riding correctly but I hope to get there sometime.

Cara has a weekly Tuesday ladies ride at Lewis Morris. I can put you two in touch if you're interested.
It's a little far and I actually can't do Tuesdays right now unless its morning as I have night clinicals until the middle of August. :(

Lewis Morris is my default place to ride because I live in Morristown... If you ever want a tour, I can put a ladies ride together and show you the best place to get burritos afterwards
On a weekend or Friday afternoon this would be great and I would love to come if you could! :D

Thanks for all the advice and welcomes!

Haha that yet is definitely where I am at. I have no idea how to race or even if I'm riding correctly but I hope to get there sometime.

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Welcome Ashlie! Allaire is my default place also! I live in Point Pleasant so it's right up the road. I go all over the state if I can and beyond.. i.e New England, Texas, Az etc. Love Allaire so if you ever want to ride hit me up on here.. I'm at the park riding when ever I get a free moment. Good rides put on there.

Grey Subaru Outback with silver 1Up rack on the rear.

-Kris

Last edited:
If you're on Facebook check out "Brielle Cycerly Women's Group" . It's run by a local Trek Women's advocate who will be stoked to have another local rider. She has women's only as well as coed rides and tailers them based on who's coming.... usually at Allaire and Clayton.

Back
Top Bottom