Hello from a Hill Junkie

adogg

Just wanted to say Hello to all forum members. I love the challenge and satisfaction of riding hills. Delaware Water Gap and Fort Lee to Bear Mountain route are my favorite places to be in summer while winter is spent riding in Hartshorne Woods / Huber and Allaire. Every year I try to ride up Whiteface mountain in Adirondacks at least couple of time. Last 2 years rode 5,500 miles with 258,000 feet elevation gain. Current goals:

• Ride 3,000 miles
  • Complete D2R2 160k
  • Ride the GAP trail
  • Ride 4,000 miles
  • Complete D2R2 180k
  • Ride Longest Day Ride

Beyond 2017
  • Ride up Mauna Kea
  • Ride Continental Divide
  • Ride from San Diego to NYC

adogg

Not so much in terms of hills in Allaire but riding 30 or so miles there will get you close to 2,000 feet (according to Garmin at least). It works well when it's near freezing outside since I'm not that fast, I don't get the sting from the cold air so much. The biggest climb is probably like 50 feet though.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome....what hills you do in allaire? Lol
Not so much in terms of hills in Allaire but riding 30 or so miles there will get you close to 2,000 feet (according to Garmin at least). It works well when it's near freezing outside since I'm not that fast, I don't get the sting from the cold air so much. The biggest climb is probably like 50 feet though.
I can bet I can break you both on the hills at Allaire,,!!!
and WELCOME Hillbilly

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Just wanted to say Hello to all forum members. I love the challenge and satisfaction of riding hills. Delaware Water Gap and Fort Lee to Bear Mountain route are my favorite places to be in summer while winter is spent riding in Hartshorne Woods / Huber and Allaire. Every year I try to ride up Whiteface mountain in Adirondacks at least couple of time. Last 2 years rode 5,500 miles with 258,000 feet elevation gain. Current goals:

• Ride 3,000 miles
  • Complete D2R2 160k
  • Ride the GAP trail
  • Ride 4,000 miles
  • Complete D2R2 180k
  • Ride Longest Day Ride

Beyond 2017
  • Ride up Mauna Kea
  • Ride Continental Divide
  • Ride from San Diego to NYC
I ride hartshorne weekly. I try to do around 2000' or more in 12-15 miles. I usually get around 3000 if i had in huber and turn mileage up to around 20-22

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Those are some crazy goals. Make it happen and bring back some photos for us!

adogg

Welcome. Are these goals on the road or mtb?

MTB... Well, sort of MTB. I've been doing the longer rides on a Giant Toughroad which I guess would fall under a rigid MTB and the goals listed above would probably be on this bike. The Toughroad came with easy rolling 29 x 2.0 tires, front and rear racks and I installed Ergon grips to change hand positions. I've never been much of a fan of road bikes. Couple years ago I bought a Giant Defy, did few century rides on it and that was about it. Prefer the more upright seating and the resulting field of view on the Toughroad.

Top Bottom