Hell of Hunterdon 2019

RobW

I've done this for a few years and it's a great event. I want to do one of these up north but informally. I've got a great loop with a couple of killer gravel sections as well. Hell of Morris? Escape to Califon? Doesn't' have the same ring.
Misery of Morris sounds good

rick81721

Lothar
giphy (2).gif

Mountain Bike Mike

You really must, because every time I see him he's so friendly.

Because you’re nice to me...

Kev is smart.. he holds back if he knows we may ride together... as of late, I’ve been dawn patrolling in his area and I could see him out there and as a result he’s been super nice all of a sudden. And we’ve been friends for a while now so he gets away with alot because “its just kevin being kevin”

There were times when I wanted to beat Kevin but we ended up making up before we seen each other... I feel like at some point everyone wanted to beat Kevin.

Edit: I’ll admit, I do have thoughts of throwing him and his bike in to the canal when we ride the canal together. Is that not normal?

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I have no right to register for this and I did. Consider it a goal to achieve and work your way up to it. We do have two months. In fact... a small group of mediocre guys can probably form a group ride to build ourselves up to this. If you’re interested, although not sure where you’re located. PM if you’re interested

Dude, don't get too stressed out about it. Certainly ride your bike, but just enjoy the day. It's just a bike ride. Bring some yummy snacks.

I'm sure you can round up some like minded people before the ride, or in the group when you are on the road. Hopefully it's in the high 40's at the start, sunny and not windy.

Here is the first time I did it in 2011, hardly fit.

rick81721

Lothar
I have no right to register for this and I did. Consider it a goal to achieve and work your way up to it. We do have two months. In fact... a small group of mediocre guys can probably form a group ride to build ourselves up to this. If you’re interested, although not sure where you’re located. PM if you’re interested

giphy.gif

rick81721

Lothar
Dude, don't get too stressed out about it. Certainly ride your bike, but just enjoy the day. It's just a bike ride. Bring some yummy snacks.

I'm sure you can round up some like minded people before the ride, or in the group when you are on the road. Hopefully it's in the high 40's at the start, sunny and not windy.

yeah it's no big deal. only two big climbs and a bunch of smaller ones, for me the most annoying part was all the gravel roads - got old after the 10th one. I did my first one alone

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Hopefully it is like that one year it was 30's and rain. @ChrisG likely remembers that one.

Mountain Bike Mike

Hopefully it is like that one year it was 30's and rain. @ChrisG likely remembers that one.

Don’t forget it’s NW wind season and that gives you a nice stiff headwind almost all way out to the second rest area which is right after some good gravel and steep little pitch..

Once you get on Rt29, its all a tail wind from there ;)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Don’t forget it’s NW wind season and that gives you a nice stiff headwind almost all way out to the second rest area which is right after some good gravel and steep little pitch..

Once you get on Rt29, its all a tail wind from there ;)
Holy crap, over analyze much? What does the farmers almanac say?

rick81721

Lothar
Inspired by @Flaubert , just registered for The Fools Classic on May 25. Did HoH twice, Fletch Buffoon once, figured might as well give this one a shot. I usually do a birthday ride of my age in miles around then (may 28) so I guess I'll use this and add 12 years (I'm not a complete fool - not doing the 100 mile course).

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Inspired by @Flaubert , just registered for The Fools Classic on May 25. Did HoH twice, Fletch Buffoon once, figured might as well give this one a shot. I usually do a birthday ride of my age in miles around then (may 28) so I guess I'll use this and add 12 years (I'm not a complete fool - not doing the 100 mile course).
You dont like gravel and your registered for fools classic?

From Brian himself: HOH is the party, Fools Classic is the challenge

rick81721

Lothar
You dont like gravel and your registered for fools classic?

From Brian himself: HOH is the party, Fools Classic is the challenge

Yeah I read the description - I exaggerate - don't hate gravel, just got tired of it. At least it should be warm? :shrug:

Top Bottom