Hell of Hunterdon 2017

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

The Kalmyk

do these come on new bikes? :D

will make a game day decision - have an s-blade. you should have one, since i'll be behind you.

the folks here have freely shared the way of the bike, i only seek to be a worthy student.

Lol, I know what you're getting at. There are many deviations of this tire I should have been more specific. The madel I'm referring to are the Supreme HS 469

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
do these come on new bikes? :D

will make a game day decision - have an s-blade. you should have one, since i'll be behind you.

the folks here have freely shared the way of the bike, i only seek to be a worthy student.
3A5BB657-663B-4FBD-8C19-AA8B99C0BB08_zps7obc2e83.jpg

Inside of front fender and bottom bracket from Sunday's ride.

The problems with fenders in super muck conditions is that you run the risk of them packing with mud. I once wore a line in a tire when that happened. I doubt this will happen on the HOH roads though. I will be on my EVO unless it is horrid conditions (not your version of the word).

@rick81721 that is an ass saver and prevents the mud strip up your back. The item this year is a cycling cap.

hotsauce

Just an FYI. If you are stuck with a flat on 4000s, Evo Corsas, or Turbo Cottons, I'm leaving you for dead.
I managed to tear a nice hole in the sidewall of a GP4000sii last year at Fools Classic, didn't flat though! Tread protection was fine but the sidewalls were thin.

edit: for those curious I was on the 23mm flavor with Pacenti SL23 v2 rims. Tires measured 27.5-28mm and were fine.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I managed to tear a nice hole in the sidewall of a GP4000sii last year at Fools Classic, didn't flat though! Tread protection was fine but the sidewalls were thin.

edit: for those curious I was on the 23mm flavor with Pacenti SL23 v2 rims. Tires measured 27.5-28mm and were fine.
The II's measured 28? The old 4000s were maybe 2 mm larger than the size but I have found they are more true to size in the II's. +5 mm seems like a stretch. In any case, the dirt roads in the Fools Classic use a much larger stone than the NJ side.

FTR, I run the II's all year except for HOH when you don't always have the luxury of picking your line.

hotsauce

@stb222, I measured both tires with a caliper gauge and they were both above 27.5mm. I forget the exact measurement. The SL23 v2's measure 20.3mm internal so certain tires end up VERY large on them. I can't run 23mm 4000sii's on my 2015 SuperSix EVO without tire rub on the NDS chain stay.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm running 23c Specialized All Conditions, the folding ones. They measure as a 25c and are BOMBPROOF.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@stb222, I measured both tires with a caliper gauge and they were both above 27.5mm. I forget the exact measurement. The SL23 v2's measure 20.3mm internal so certain tires end up VERY large on them. I can't run 23mm 4000sii's on my 2015 SuperSix EVO without tire rub on the NDS chain stay.
Interesting, I can fit 27 Vittoria Pave's on my 2015 EVO on Dura Ace C24's

Top Bottom