Hell of Hunterdon 2017

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmm, all this talk has me thinking I should put the cross bike together for this instead.

jackx

I guess I'll get a chance to try out the merino wool-brushtail possum blend socks I got in new zealand

https://www.thewoolcompany.co.nz/Merino-Possum-_380

@rick81721 If you are on NZ South Island, Untouched World has really nice stuff too, located in Christchurch ((Flagship store) and Queenstown. Really nice Merino wool and possum/wool blend clothing made in NZ.

Also, really cool and local NZ versions of Icebreaker can be found in the adventure capital, Queenstown.

rick81721

Lothar
@rick81721 If you are on NZ South Island, Untouched World has really nice stuff too, located in Christchurch ((Flagship store) and Queenstown. Really nice Merino wool and possum/wool blend clothing made in NZ.

Also, really cool and local NZ versions of Icebreaker can be found in the adventure capital, Queenstown.

Back home now but we toured both those towns. Didn't see one but I was looking for a cycling jersey made from that blend, just bought some socks

bigW

2012 I believe. Pretty sure me, you and @HeavyMetaLance all rode together that year right?

I put new brake pads on the day before the ride. Had to get new ones the day after.

It was cold and miserable but we had a great time. At the time, Lance and I were all gung Ho on Battenkill Training.

That may have been my second year riding HoH. To this day it stands as most miserable day on a bike. My ridey peep was feeling sick the whole ride and had never ending mechanical issues. We never got going consistently enough to warm up. Soaking rain and sleet alternately, could not feel my hands for many many hours.

Spring Classic indeed and after the fact a treasured memory / shared experience.

W

Mountain Bike Mike

He has exclusive access to accuweather. It will be funny if conditions to a 360 from last week and it ends up being cold and rainy all day.

07991388-9AAA-4B54-BF84-E3AF2ADBB4D4_zpsnlgaicdm.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Rode the dirt sections in Soourlands proper yesterday and the temp was right around freezing. As expected the roads are holding alot of moisture right now but all of the ones I rode were clear of snow / ice. It is hard if the temps made these firmer but regardless, it was leg sucking dirt but it isn't like a mud bog or anything.

Duthctown Zion: Really good conditions,all of the loose stone of past years is gone
Montgomery: Good condition, minimal holes and minimal gravel
Stony Brook: Fairly soft, recent hole filling with small stone that is mostly out of the holes, normal pot holes around the small bridges
Rock: The driest of the roads I rode mainly because it is in a field
Aunt Molly: The softest of the roads, descending at 20 mpg while pedaling, normal holes around the bridges

Montgomery
3B48EEFF-89DF-4B4C-B9CA-2516B7333B03_zpsupdhqt7p.jpg

Stony Brook
A2C14E60-8B5A-49C9-AF51-4A9FE3352C5F_zpsbi20bts2.jpg

The week looks mostly dry and we may see some really great conditions for Saturday

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So do I put my road bike together this week or my cross bike? :)
Road bike. I will be peeping the pleasant valley roads south of Lambertville this week. They all face south and are largely in fields, so I anticipate they will be excellent.

Lakeview and the flat road after Pine Hill are in areas with no sun. I anticipate them be soggy. Hunter road will be a shit show.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Road bike. I will be peeping the pleasant valley roads south of Lambertville this week. They all face south and are largely in fields, so I anticipate they will be excellent.

Lakeview and the flat road after Pine Hill are in areas with no sun. I anticipate them be soggy. Hunter road will be a shit show.
What gear should I run?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Heading to the shop for some new rubber. Current set dry rotted from lack of use.

gatorskin or gp4000s ?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Heading to the shop for some new rubber. Current set dry rotted from lack of use.

gatorskin or gp4000s ?
Neither, Vittoria CGIII (Paves) and then take them off after the ride and put 4000s II's on.

If not, then the 4000 all seasons, the gatorskins have a harder compound than the AS and I have found they are slippery when it is wet out. Enough so that I wont run them on the front. Also, the casing is less supple.

Top Bottom