Hell of Hunterdon 2017

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Do they postpone this thing due to rain? High 40s and rain on muddy dirt roads sounds great :rolleyes:
HELL of Hunterdon

Will bad weather cancel the Hell of Hunterdon?
Typically Not. Since this ride is a tribute to the Northern European Spring Classics, bad weather comes with the territory, thus the ride is rain or shine. But that said, rider safety is paramount, and if conditions warrant it (such as an Official Storm Warning), the organizers reserve the right to reschedule the ride to 4/2/16.

The Kalmyk

HELL of Hunterdon

Will bad weather cancel the Hell of Hunterdon?
Typically Not. Since this ride is a tribute to the Northern European Spring Classics, bad weather comes with the territory, thus the ride is rain or shine. But that said, rider safety is paramount, and if conditions warrant it (such as an Official Storm Warning), the organizers reserve the right to reschedule the ride to 4/2/16.

If the organizer access that it will go on and the weather is undesireable, i would encourage anyone who has done a distance ride in such condition to do so. I epically failed and finished second to last on a longer distance ride in the rain because of my apparel choice and a big fall late in the ride. I came out of it with an extra layer of skin. It was worth it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Regardless of if it rains, the dirts roads are going soft and looks like freeze/thaw almost every night UNTIL friday night so sure to be leg sucking, splattering dirt. Would not be surprised if Worman get removed from the loop as it gets zero sun and will likely be ice / snow covered. Y'all can thank @Mountain Bike Mike because he jinxed the f out of it on ground hog day when he said my hopes of a bad weather / bad condition HOH is unlikely. At least the temp keeps going up but it is probably better frozen....

what year was the rain and cold @capedoc and @ChrisG? 2013?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2012 I believe. Pretty sure me, you and @HeavyMetaLance all rode together that year right?

I put new brake pads on the day before the ride. Had to get new ones the day after.

It was cold and miserable but we had a great time. At the time, Lance and I were all gung Ho on Battenkill Training.
Yeah, that was the year we all rode together and I do remember the brake pads, haha.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Pro Tip. Wear surgical gloves under normal lightweight wool for the ultimate in warm, dry hands without needing a winter setup.

Mountain Bike Mike

Pro Tip. Wear surgical gloves .

Well that just changes the offer to ride with Jim at HOH...

If I flat, I may get more than I bargained for

HsD3B0Lf.jpg

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
If the organizer access that it will go on and the weather is undesireable, i would encourage anyone who has done a distance ride in such condition to do so. I epically failed and finished second to last on a longer distance ride in the rain because of my apparel choice and a big fall late in the ride. I came out of it with an extra layer of skin. It was worth it.

Guess that means I'm still in - your boy over here needs a few extra helpings of HTFU.

Top Bottom