Hell of Hunterdon 2017

grilledcheeseking

Indeed, do it.
Screenshot_2017-01-26-20-24-48.png

xc62701

Run whatever you want. I did it twice on my mountain bike. I loved it...the roadies not so much.

Ian F

Whew... I don't know... just mapped it out and it literally is 30.2 miles from my house to the Elks Lodge taking roads I know won't be too bad to ride on (I've ridden before). The round trip would add another 5-6 hrs of saddle time (I'm not as strong as you). And since it's only 2 weeks after DST starts, it'd be damn dark when I leave my house. And would add over 1000' feet of climbing before even reaching the start point and almost 900 going home. It would be the longest I've ever ridden in one day by a fairly large margin (about 40 miles).

Gulp... I'll think about it... o_O

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Whew... I don't know... just mapped it out and it literally is 30.2 miles from my house to the Elks Lodge taking roads I know won't be too bad to ride on (I've ridden before). The round trip would add another 5-6 hrs of saddle time (I'm not as strong as you). And since it's only 2 weeks after DST starts, it'd be damn dark when I leave my house. And would add over 1000' feet of climbing before even reaching the start point and almost 900 going home.

Gulp... I'll think about it... o_O

I always ride from my house but used to only be 15 miles from the start. My new home to start is 20, and you can pick up my wheel since I think you are coming from PA.

Ian F

I always ride from my house but used to only be 15 miles from the start. My new home to start is 20, and you can pick up my wheel since I think you are coming from PA.

Yes, in PA - south of Bristol. My plan would be to cross at the Washington Crossing bridge.

Let's see how well I do getting some base miles in before March...

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In for Hell of Hunterdon and while we're at it, also going for Monkey Knife Fight and Fools Classic. Gonna try to keep it real early this year.
Nice...I thought the Fools Classic.was harder than HoH when I did it a couple years ago

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yes, in PA - south of Bristol. My plan would be to cross at the Washington Crossing bridge.

Let's see how well I do getting some base miles in before March...
ok, that is where I would cross also, my wheel will be offered on the way there, cannot promise the way back unlikely on the way back.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Nice...I thought the Fools Classic.was harder than HoH when I did it a couple years ago
Brian Igniton calls HOH the party race and Fools Classic the challenge, so.... Some of the PA dirt sections are much rougher than HOH, which are all good minus the bottom of Hunter Road or if the townships dump stone the week before the ride, which often happens.

hotsauce

HOH the party race and Fools Classic the challenge, so.... Some of the PA dirt sections are much rougher than HOH
Never done HOH but Fools was downright hard. It was a ton of fun and it's amazing what roads you can find in PA but damn, it was hard! At one point, it felt like we weren't on paved roads for over 20 minutes. Mt. Airy Rd. was a killer. There was even one hike-a-bike on an uphill gravel section that was slick from the rain.

Top Bottom