Hell of Hunterdon 2017

17493013_10158466131570581_7518610981570735388_o.jpg

Conti 4 seasons 25c 100psi - made it, no issue

Last year ran same tire in 28c

Only difference, the 25c in the rear slid around more on the gravel / dirt. I never noticed the 28c sliding at all.

Will stick with this tire after three years of success ripping all kinds of road conditions. It may not be as fast as a 4000 but damn is it reliable

SPECIALIZED TURBO IN THE REAR. It says "For Racing Only" on it. NO FLATS. Old Michelin Pro3 23c on the front. Same tires as last year.

Everyone overthinks tires. :)

I ran the Hutchinson Sector 700x28 tubeless, worked great. Handled the rough roads no problem and I did not baby my way through. Set at 95psi and I weigh in at 200.

I overdid it (didn't really have a choice as only tires I have for the bike)...I ran 35's gravel tires front and back. tubeless and slightly above 50 psi. no surprise I had no issue with flats. could have rolled faster on pavement :p.

@Krutis - never thought one could run tubeless at such a high psi (95) . my own ignorance I guess as I was hesitant to go much higher than 50 psi.

I overdid it (didn't really have a choice as only tires I have for the bike)...I ran 35's gravel tires front and back. tubeless and slightly above 50 psi. no surprise I had no issue with flats. could have rolled faster on pavement :p.

@Krutis - never thought one could run tubeless at such a high psi (95) . my own ignorance I guess as I was hesitant to go much higher than 50 psi.
Road tubeless... was running 90-95psi on 23mm and now 85psi area on 24mm and 26mm tires

Depends on the tire. CX tubeless is usually like 55-65 max. Check your tire. Road tubeless holds regular road pressures.

The road tubeless I have ridden:
50-55 PSI in Schwalbe S-One. They are 30's. I rode these on the Sourlands Semi-Classic.
90 PSI in Specialized Roubaix 25/28
About 90 PSI in Schwalbe Pro-One 25. I just put these on and need to find the sweet spot.

28mm tubeless Hutchinson Secteurs/Sectors at 85-90. Love 'em to death. This is my third set.

Since everyone is telling their tire tales, I ran 28c Michelin Pro4 Endurance at 65 PSI with latex cross tubes and no flats or gripes. I kinda wanted to get loose in the corners but the tires stuck too well.

I had a quick write up on my blog yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom