Hell of Hunterdon 2017

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@stb222 's final clothing call tomorrow? I'm guessing jeans and a flannel shirt
Your not @liong71er only his leather taint can withstand jeans.

52 at start, right on the chilly mark. Summer kit, maybe arm warmers, maybe a vest, bare legggs.

The rain keeps creeping earlier and earlier, arm warmers and vest in pocket from the morning maybe a life saver if the skies do open up.

Ian F

For clothing, I'm planning on tights and a packable rain jacket along with a pack in lieu of dropping them off at the first or second stop. I'll probably bring some additional options as well and make a pre-ride decision.

hotsauce

For those looking for opinions: I'm going wool socks, toe covers, knee warmers, bibs, base layer, short sleeve jersey, arm warmers, vest and long-finger gloves. Plus rain jacket in the pocket. I don't like to be cold.

It'll be nice to finally put some faces to (screen)names tomorrow. I'll be the overdressed guy on the navy blue Fuji cross bike.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
neked and afraid....i should be easy to spot.

Watchung wheelman kit - short sleeves, arm warmers, vest

Should i wear my road helmet? (more aero, but not tt aero.)
at least it is warm for the folicularly challenged.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm riding in a poncho.

Pancho

pancho-villa-9518733-2-402.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I looked at the historical temps for last year. If anyone did it last year it should be 10 degrees warmer from start to finish. Only big difference is the rain that is pending in the afternoon right now at 2pm... Pedal Harder?

Mountain shoes, taller wool socks, knee warmers, bib shorts, base layer, wool jersey, jacket to start (planning on dropping at first aid station) and carrying mini-rain jacket with me if I remember to grab it.

Gloves - bringing two pairs of insulated gloves to the start and choosing which ones to wear to start with. Carrying regular long-finger gloves in jersey, planning on dropping off insulated ones at first aid station. I have trouble keeping feet/hands warm.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
For those looking for opinions: I'm going wool socks, toe covers, knee warmers, bibs, base layer, short sleeve jersey, arm warmers, vest and long-finger gloves. Plus rain jacket in the pocket. I don't like to be cold.

It'll be nice to finally put some faces to (screen)names tomorrow. I'll be the overdressed guy on the navy blue Fuji cross bike.
Vest and a rain jacket?

If you Blibe in the hour by hour forecasts, it will be in the mid 60's if the rain comes, which -10 for rain real feel, which is close to the temp at the start of the ride. Meaning, probably don't need to fill a pocket with a rain jacket. That being said, if you are CAF when it starts to rain, I claim no responsibility.

neked and afraid....i should be easy to spot.

Watchung wheelman kit - short sleeves, arm warmers, vest

Should i wear my road helmet? (more aero, but not tt aero.)
at least it is warm for the folicularly challenged.
I got $5 if you wear a sleeveless jersey

Last edited:

hotsauce

Vest and a rain jacket?
Hell yes. It's always good to have an extra layer just in case. Nothing worse than freezing your ass off for 40 miles. I have a Voler wind breaker that packs down tiny and is great in a pinch.

Debating between a thermal vest and regular windbreaker vest, will make a game time decision. Cross racing has taught me to bring a car load of options so I can make an ill-informed decision at the last minute.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hell yes. It's always good to have an extra layer just in case. Nothing worse than freezing your ass off for 40 miles. I have a Voler wind breaker that packs down tiny and is great in a pinch.

Debating between a thermal vest and regular windbreaker vest, will make a game time decision. Cross racing has taught me to bring a car load of options so I can make an ill-informed decision at the last minute.
Are you one of these people who carries 4 tubes and 8 co2's for the one time you had double, double flats?

hotsauce

Are you one of these people who carries 4 tubes and 8 co2's for the one time you had double, double flats?
Nah, I go 2/2 plus a mini-pump. It's easier to bum parts off of someone than clothes.

Maybe I just want a big pocket bulge all day...

Top Bottom